Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Some colleagues keep laughing at me. What to do Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Long story short, I started a new job recently. My workplace has a lot of young people which is great as I am young myself! I can for once relate to people of a similar age to me and have similar interests!

The thing is, there are some girls at my workplace and I feel that they are saying some stuff about me behind my back. I am a confident guy and not afraid of confrontations - in fact I can literally go up to them and say to them "chat $hit get banged!" These girls know I am confident because I spoke up at a team meeting and had a friendly spar with a few lads after work.

The thing is, obviously the workplace is different and so dealing with women. You have to be careful as you can't get physical. I don't like snitching - i.e going by the book because lets be honest, it always goes against you. Some guy bullied me at high school. I reported it to the teachers and they did **** all. Then one day I ****ed up the guy and after that no one messed with me.

What should I do if I see these girls again? Should I ask them whats funny because they only laugh when I am there. There was a guy with them but he is pretty chill - and I am not sure if I should ask him if they are chatting $hit about me. He may think I am some attention hore lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timokane5)
    Hi,

Long story short, I started a new job recently. My workplace has a lot of young people which is great as I am young myself! I can for once relate to people of a similar age to me and have similar interests!

The thing is, there are some girls at my workplace and I feel that they are saying some stuff about me behind my back. I am a confident guy and not afraid of confrontations - in fact I can literally go up to them and say to them "chat $hit get banged!" These girls know I am confident because I spoke up at a team meeting and had a friendly spar with a few lads after work.

The thing is, obviously the workplace is different and so dealing with women. You have to be careful as you can't get physical. I don't like snitching - i.e going by the book because lets be honest, it always goes against you. Some guy bullied me at high school. I reported it to the teachers and they did **** all. Then one day I ****ed up the guy and after that no one messed with me.

What should I do if I see these girls again? Should I ask them whats funny because they only laugh when I am there. There was a guy with them but he is pretty chill - and I am not sure if I should ask him if they are chatting $hit about me. He may think I am some attention hore lol
    I think you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dafock)
    I think you are.
    What attention hore? Please!

I am sick and tired of people talking C-R-A-P behind my back! The same thing happened at my old workplace - in fact ignoring the situation is always easier said than done!

How would you like it if people always talked C-R-A-P about you wherever you went? I am genuinely a nice bloke but people always take this for weakness

ReputationRep:
    What attention hore? Please!

I am sick and tired of people talking C-R-A-P behind my back! The same thing happened at my old workplace - in fact ignoring the situation is always easier said than done!

How would you like it if people always talked C-R-A-P about you wherever you went? I am genuinely a nice bloke but people always take this for weakness
    I wouldn't really care if it was girls, its probably something good

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

You should change your own attitude and stop being a paranoid wreck.

ReputationRep:
    You should them to cash you outside!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    You should them to cash you outside!
    Never thought id see this meme on tsr, howbow dah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.