Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worth seeing optitian? Watch

Announcements

I've been noticing some disturbances in my vision recently. I'm not sure if it's something that happens more often and i'm only just paying attention or if it's started recently. I guess the best way I can explain it is being similar to the disturbances you get after a bright light has been shone in your eyes or you've had some water in your eye- that kinda bright fuzzy thing.
    Other than that I think I have reasonable eyesight. I do occasionally get the odd thing like floaters or spots, but I assume that is normal to get on occasion.
    I do also have dyslexia which causes some abnormalities, but that's something i've always had and has never been a problem really. I've seen somebody for that and apparently it's not my eyes that are the problem, but my brain not quite fitting the images from my two eyes together quite right.

Anyway, I guess i'm just wondering if it's worth seeing anybody or if it sounds normal. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I would. Your sight isn't worth risking for the cost of an eye exam. When was your last one? We get them every year, including my son who doesn't need glasses.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been noticing some disturbances in my vision recently. I'm not sure if it's something that happens more often and i'm only just paying attention or if it's started recently. I guess the best way I can explain it is being similar to the disturbances you get after a bright light has been shone in your eyes or you've had some water in your eye- that kinda bright fuzzy thing.
    Other than that I think I have reasonable eyesight. I do occasionally get the odd thing like floaters or spots, but I assume that is normal to get on occasion.
    I do also have dyslexia which causes some abnormalities, but that's something i've always had and has never been a problem really. I've seen somebody for that and apparently it's not my eyes that are the problem, but my brain not quite fitting the images from my two eyes together quite right.

Anyway, I guess i'm just wondering if it's worth seeing anybody or if it sounds normal. Thanks.
    I would, especially if you haven't had your eyes tested in the past couple of years

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.