Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am so stressed at the moment. I think it's with waiting for exam results, but they're only AS levels and I just can't relax. I'm averaging about 4 hours sleep a night (very unusual for me.....normally more like 10) and yesterday a moth flew at me from behind some cds and it made me start crying and have a panic attack. It was a huge moth and it scared me but I would never usually react like that. Can anybody suggest relaxation techniques or ways I can get to sleep because I just feel crap all the time and don't want to go out any more. I really don't want to wind up seeing a psychotherapist. x

ReputationRep:
    What a looser...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    What a looser...
    I'd give her one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    What a looser...
    Here we go bashing the weak again...!

I've learnt to like the pre-results day stress though I can't say I'm enjoying this one too much (being final a-levels).

Look at it this way, even if you messed up, you'll learn more over the next year and can always resit those modules, more likely than not doing far better. Just figure out something to burn your time doing, a part time job might help actually (though that ended up messing my workload up during exams :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    Horse Tranquilisers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHavePMS)
    Horse Tranquilisers.
    I might try that. Valium isn't bad either...
    These vets and dentists must have all the fun.

ReputationRep:
    boots do a little bottle of destressing pulse point gel. its a bottle like a lip gloss but you put it on your wrists....i found that was nice, and get a lavender body spray (like old ladies have) and spray it on your pillow before going to bed.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    That, along with anything else involving aromatherapy or the like is pathetic... Being a guy that might not be surprising, ahh.

Hibernation is always a good bet during the hols (combined with an OD of Nightol..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    I might try that. Valium isn't bad either...
    These vets and dentists must have all the fun.
    I was hoping to manage a summer without drugs. I don't think it's good for me to have to take tranquilizers to sleep, beta blockers to relax, painkillers for tension etc. because I haven't had to for quite a while and I really don't like being reliant on medication. I might try the lavender thing (thanks for suggestion) and I think i'll get myself a bottle of bach rescue remedy (does anybody know if it's any good?) x

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly I don't take medication at all, not worth taking my advice seriously on that !

I find playing the guitar helps (any musical instrument), and in the long run it doesn't cost...except for the broken strings and neighbours complaining about sound levels. Bwahaha...

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna say take a long bath, pamper yourself. Personally, i read. I don't know why but it usually relaxes me a lot, especially before trying to get some sleep. Oh yea, there's chocolate and red wine, the perfect stress busting combo but don't overuse that one. CHILL

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.