Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it weird to meet someone on Tinder? Watch

Everyone around me is getting a partner, a few off Tinder. I guess it's time I start finding someone, which isn't happening in real life.

Is Tinder weird?

ReputationRep:
    DON'T GET TINDER. IT IS VERY WEIRD. Literally just posted this on another thread but I have had so many nasty comments and gross requests off Tinder and POF. Just had to report a paedophile too who was being disgusting. Also people troll all the time on it. Being single isn't bad but you can always meet someone in real life too! Clubs or at uni, etc.

Obviously I may have just had the worst experiences ever off online dating but still I wouldn't recommend it. It's much easier to lie and trick over text

(Original post by gwaggy)
    DON'T GET TINDER. IT IS VERY WEIRD. Literally just posted this on another thread but I have had so many nasty comments and gross requests off Tinder and POF. Just had to report a paedophile too who was being disgusting. Also people troll all the time on it. Being single isn't bad but you can always meet someone in real life too! Clubs or at uni, etc.

Obviously I may have just had the worst experiences ever off online dating but still I wouldn't recommend it. It's much easier to lie and trick over text
    I mean I have Tinder just for a laugh with my friends and I've never received anything too bad? I just ignore the vulgar messages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I mean I have Tinder just for a laugh with my friends and I've never received anything too bad? I just ignore the vulgar messages...
    Lol then maybe I just attract the freaks

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on personal experience and what you're looking for at the moment.

Some people just have better luck with it than others, as with most such things. As for your question, it's not really weird. People have gotten over that stigma a long time ago. Sure, there are a few oddballs here and there, but most people seem to be perfectly normal. If you want to use it, go ahead. It's Tinder of all things, it's so ingrained into our collective unconscious that nobody will look at you funny if you use it.

ReputationRep:
    Well I used to be with a guy that I've met on Tinder. I think it's quite normal, most people just smile and ask 'Really?!'. I've never experienced any nasty comments and after breaking up I'm back on Tinder, been for about a week and already dating a nice guy. Not to mention that one of my best mates happened to be a guy that I went on a date with becuse of Tinder.

ReputationRep:
    Tinder in itself isn't weird, nah.

The people on it can be, but that's no different from real life really.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.