Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official cie igcse 2017 may/june thread + predictions Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel.Jonathan)
    I'm also so nervous for it! like i haven't mastered the heart and neurons yet! i have to go through them in the little time i have!
    How are you taking P42 now? Shouldn't it be done at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    Back from the bio paper , alot on drugs and populations , how did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kinda late to this thread but
    I'm taking CIE IGCSE Variant 2

Subjects:
    First Lang Eng
    First Lang Chinese
    Malay
    Maths Extended
    Add Maths
    Physics Extended
    Biology Extended
    Chemistry Extended
    History
    Drama

Got my drama paper in 2 days..... Nerve wrecking

ReputationRep:
    What are the grade boundaries for 0468 English literature?
    It seems like it was 63/100 for 2016 but for my mocks A* was set at 70/100.
    A bit worried about poems by Clarke and stories.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone here doing business, variant 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuryBall)
    What are the grade boundaries for 0468 English literature?
    It seems like it was 63/100 for 2016 but for my mocks A* was set at 70/100.
    A bit worried about poems by Clarke and stories.
    Which variant are you taking ? Which combination of components ?

ReputationRep:
    i did my o levels last year , i got Chemistry A* , Math A , Bio A , physics A , classical arabic A , English B , i did English again this session i hope i can get it A , are my marks good ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chez.ryl)
    Which variant are you taking ? Which combination of components ?
    I think it's P12 and P22.

P12 is poems by Gillian Clarke and some stories by different authors. Each being 45 minutes... is this the same amount of time you guys have?

P22 is inspector calls and unseen poem or prose (you get to choose)

Inspector calls being 45 minutes and the unseen being 1 hour and 15 minutes.

No time at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuryBall)
    I think it's P12 and P22.

P12 is poems by Gillian Clarke and some stories by different authors. Each being 45 minutes... is this the same amount of time you guys have?

P22 is inspector calls and unseen poem or prose (you get to choose)

Inspector calls being 45 minutes and the unseen being 1 hour and 15 minutes.

No time at all.
    Well, then you gotta get an an overall 55, to get a borderline A. i'd say 60 would be a safe A. As the weighting for paper 12 and 22 are x1 each, and paper 12 and paper 22 each has 50 raw marks each, I'd suggest that you aim to score 30/50 for each paper to get a safe A (provided they do not raise the boundary too much) For March, June and November 2016, you get have to get 55/100 get an A.

Goodluck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chez.ryl)
    Well, then you gotta get an an overall 55, to get a borderline A. i'd say 60 would be a safe A. As the weighting for paper 12 and 22 are x1 each, and paper 12 and paper 22 each has 50 raw marks each, I'd suggest that you aim to score 30/50 for each paper to get a safe A (provided they do not raise the boundary too much) For March, June and November 2016, you get have to get 55/100 get an A.

Goodluck !
    lol sorry I was talking about the wrong papers...
    I'm doing P12, P32, and P42.
    Around 65/100 for A*.

Btw the Feb/Mar 2017 0468 papers are out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nsol891)
    is anyone here doing business, variant 1?
    doing business, variant 2. theorys havent appeared for a while so keep that in mind

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any predictions for the igcse cie physics test, im doing variant 2

ReputationRep:
    Who did the trees are down and the secret river essay?? If so what points did u write ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by propredicions)
    does anyone have any predictions for the igcse cie physics test, im doing variant 2
    I'm doinf varient 1 and I think there'll be big mark questions on electricity and forces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life's-failure)
    Who did the trees are down and the secret river essay?? If so what points did u write ?
    today i did eng lit, had spies (really easy) and our poems were heidi w/ blue hair and trees r down. Lirerally everyone chose heidi, as our trees r down question was quite hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life's-failure)
    I did trees are down too, kinda glad because i feel lik enot many other people did so higher marks!! I wrote about structure a lot and how the trees are symbolic of her life, nature vs malign forces (humans) and how spring seems demonic and unholy

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for the paper 4 history cie, im doing the russia depth study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by propredicions)
    any predictions for the paper 4 history cie, im doing the russia depth study
    Same! I'm worried it's going to be an extremely vague question, they seem to be favouring those recently [like the horrific and just rather cruel "to what extent was communism the most important reason for Stalin to introduce collectivisation?"].

ReputationRep:
    hey!

any predictions for history paper 4 German depth study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxlr)
    hey!

any predictions for history paper 4 German depth study?
    I reckon DS1 and 3 for the German depth study so Weimar and Nazi Germany. In regards to specific questions, it's probably a recovery question for Weimar and a Hitler Control or Benefit question for DS3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.