Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official cie igcse 2017 may/june thread + predictions Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    How many marks do you think I would get for this???

1) How WW2 made caused Nazis to change policies, e.g. Women policy, also bad tactics from Hitler meant he lost support of army, July bomb plot etc. Then talked about how some schemes had to be rolled back, e.g Strength Through Joy and how everyone who paid for a car did not get it.

2) Other factors causing instability, First was Youth Opposition Groups, e.g Edelweiss Pirates and other groups, went against the Nazi ideal culture and undermined stability BUT had a small following, so less important. Also easily captured, leaders of Edelweiss Pirates killed in 1944 etc.

3) Other Factors, The Church, Many did not like Hitler collating the Lutheran Churches and turning into a Reich Church. Also opposition from Niemoller and Galen and Pope. Put people off Nazis, undermined stability. BUT, Although it was hard to deal with Church as it was controversial, People like Niemoller were sent to concentration camps, so dealt with

4) Other factors, Minority persecution, many felt it was immoral/unethical (esp Christians), put people off Nazis, undermined stability.

5) Conclusion: WW2 most important, it caused the most change in government and people's opinions.
    I'm not sure how many marks it would get, but you seem to have lots of good points in there so you should be fine. You've answered in a different way to me but like I said, the question wasn't really suggestive of what to talk about ("stability" could refer to "stability" OR "instability) so the structure probably isn't as important as long as you have the content, which you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaroonSharif)
    For your part 2, you could also talk about Women joining the work force, final solution, increased use of violence as a facade to the instability
    Yes, definitely. I did talk about women in workforce (have to juggle responsibility with family etc.) as well as the Bishop Galen protests, July Bomb Plot and the Edelweiss Pirates killing the Gestapo chief briefly as well; just forgot to include in my post above.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing IGCSE CIE English first language, geography, economics, business, co-ordinated science, french and then edexcel IGCSE histroy, maths and English literature

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know 2016 passing marks for igcse english language 0500?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Hoddell)
    Yep - that's correct. Without the speaking and listening we reckon that the board may lower the grade boundaries anyway. They kept them high as everyone passed with their speaking exam pushing them up. Without this - it will be fairer and they may lower it. Let's hope. 32/50 is normally an A in the exam but they definitely move this around accroding to the difficulty of the paper. Maybe the A will be 15/50...!!.
    How do u know it was 32/50 for A* is that a guess?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.