The Student Room Group

How many jobs have you had ?

So I'm currently a fresher and I'm in my 3rd job at the moment but was wondering how many jobs other people have had, after reading that most Britons will swap jobs every 5 years or so

Scroll to see replies

2. Both terminated. Good luck to me finding another:wink:
2 meh
Reply 3
0 and 21 years old lol
0 because I beg my parents for money.
4 and I'm 16 - 3 waitressing, one closed down, two I quit to begin working at sainsburys as temp

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have had about 10 maybe more jobs in a variety of different industries. I'm 23.
I'm 21 on my second job.
I'm 37 and I've had 8 jobs.

Shortest lasted 1 shift (I never went back), longest lasted 13 years.
Original post by PQ
I'm 37 and I've had 8 jobs.

Shortest lasted 1 shift (I never went back), longest lasted 13 years.

1 shift? Must have been a pretty terrible job.
Original post by AishaGirl
1 shift? Must have been a pretty terrible job.

McDonalds :ninjagirl:

The actual job was fine - I quite enjoyed it (liked the work, liked the customer service etc). But the manager/training was dreadful (one of those people who didn't explain what they wanted to do, ignored questions and then shouted at you for doing what you thought he'd asked for) plus I didn't get any free nuggets :mad:.
Reply 11
23 and on my 2nd job right now.
19 (and a fresher as well) and I'm currently on my 3rd job
Reply 13
Original post by fefssdf
...after reading that most Britons will swap jobs every 5 years or so

Depends on the industry and also private v public sector but most companies expect approx 10-15% of staff to change each year (i.e. a change in employer every 7-10 years). But in the marketing sector (my area) I'd say it was closer to 25% (4 years).

One reason for changing employer is it can be a good way to get a significant pay rise. But conversely, changing too many times will make employers question your "loyalty".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
So I'm currently a fresher and I'm in my 3rd job at the moment but was wondering how many jobs other people have had, after reading that most Britons will swap jobs every 5 years or so

Aged 25 and on my 7th job - worked since I was 13. :smile:
too many odd-jobs to count on one hand

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
2 meh

what have you disabled everything for?? :O
Reply 16
on my 2nd and I'm 19 on my gap year :biggrin:
Reply 17
Five for me, although I don't think part time / placement type jobs really should count for this question. So I'll go with 3.

Original post by shawn_o1
2. Both terminated. Good luck to me finding another:wink:

Did you do the same thing twice? :colondollar:
22 years old and 10 so far and 11 by august.
Made up of uni placement, paid and unpaid internships, temp work, voluntary work. I've worked in London, NYC and Toronto.

I'd hugely recommend working for free for a short period of time and seeing it as a life long investment because you can accumulate wide range of experience very quickly and work abroad too.
Original post by fefssdf

2 working part-time

4 if I include my startup attempt and my other side business thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending