Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Ask any general student finance questions you have that can;t be answered elsewhere!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

When can I apply for the 2017/18 academic year?? I've refreshed the website many times but it still says I can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will I receive less money for student finance if I have spent the last year working hard and saving £4k? This is my personal spending money and would not want to be forced to use it for accommodation or other student costs.

If it is true, can I move it to a savings account or my parents account so I'll receive the full amount of finance or is that fraud?

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to get scholorship for online universities e.g online Open university
    For students who are unable to afford or go to a real life uni for certain reasons and are still really interested about continuing studies at a uni level.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I just wanted to know whether I am able to apply for student finance as currently I am studying Adult nursing first year and I will discontinue with this course after this year due to not liking the course, I have applied for another course that I was interested prior to applying to nursing but always had second thoughts about it.

This course is £9,250 a year so therefore I do need some sort of funding to help me with the cost. I was just wondering whether I can still apply considering I had made an student finance application (maintenance loan) with the NHS bursary.

I believe I need to pay back the £3000 (Maintenance loan) ontop of the new course that I will be starting in 2017 or may have a less finance to support me for the new course.

This course is for four years (with a placement abroad).

Also I am aware of the student finance deadlines but I am just waiting for my offers to then make a student finance application, however on the application do I need to confirm that I have received student finance before?.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you!

Bhavika

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student Money Week 2017)
    Ask any general student finance questions you have that can;t be answered elsewhere!
    Hi,

I already hold a degree but never took a student loan because the course was fully funded. I have now applied to study dentistry on the undergraduate five year degree. Am I eligible for a full student loan or am I only eligible for partial funding as I am a post-graduate?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    When can student loans be payed back? Like the earliest date to get the least amount of interest?

ReputationRep:
    I have been told by SFE advisors on TSR and over the phone that Home office documents/UK border agency letters can be used as Residency evidence as well as Status evidence in certain circumstances... is this True?

and is a home office check on par with a home office document?
    (in a situation when someone has lost their home office documents or UK border agency letter)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    Hey,

When can I apply for the 2017/18 academic year?? I've refreshed the website many times but it still says I can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you have up to 9 months deadline from the first day of the academic year (normally in September)

I'm not sure though, this is from the GOV website.

ReputationRep:
    When can I apply for the 2017/18 academic year??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    Hey,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,

Applications for the 17/18 academic year will be online end of Feb/early March, keep checking back for updates.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal_Lap)
    Will I receive less money for student finance if I have spent the last year working hard and saving £4k? This is my personal spending money and would not want to be forced to use it for accommodation or other student costs.

If it is true, can I move it to a savings account or my parents account so I'll receive the full amount of finance or is that fraud?
    Hi,

We do not take into account any income from the student, we assess your application based on the household income. Any savings is not taken into account.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom <3)
    Is there any way to get scholorship for online universities e.g online Open university
    For students who are unable to afford or go to a real life uni for certain reasons and are still really interested about continuing studies at a uni level.

Hi,

We do not provide anything like this but if you speak to the open university to see if they can offer anything. We only provide a tuition fee loan for open university courses.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhavika437)
    Hi

I just wanted to know whether I am able to apply for student finance as currently I am studying Adult nursing first year and I will discontinue with this course after this year due to not liking the course, I have applied for another course that I was interested prior to applying to nursing but always had second thoughts about it.

This course is £9,250 a year so therefore I do need some sort of funding to help me with the cost. I was just wondering whether I can still apply considering I had made an student finance application (maintenance loan) with the NHS bursary.

I believe I need to pay back the £3000 (Maintenance loan) ontop of the new course that I will be starting in 2017 or may have a less finance to support me for the new course.

This course is for four years (with a placement abroad).

Also I am aware of the student finance deadlines but I am just waiting for my offers to then make a student finance application, however on the application do I need to confirm that I have received student finance before?.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you!

Bhavika

Hi Bhavika,

If you complete the full course then you may not have any sort of overpayment, this is the only amount that needs to be repaid at any point before starting a new course, any amount you were entitled to for the year of your Nursing course will only be repaid when you earn over the threshold of £21,000 and be deducted from your salary.

As long as you have not studied any other years in higher education you will still be funded for the new course you are looking to undertake, this will be tuition fee loans and maintenance loan.

Applications for the 17/18 academic year will be online late Feb/early March.

Also make sure you have a withdrawal notice send over from your old course to allow a new application to be submitted for Sep 2017.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJR92)
    Hi,

I already hold a degree but never took a student loan because the course was fully funded. I have now applied to study dentistry on the undergraduate five year degree. Am I eligible for a full student loan or am I only eligible for partial funding as I am a post-graduate?

Thanks

Hi,

If you are doing a graduate entry Dentistry course the funding would be as follows:
    Year 1
    Maintenance Loan and partial tuition fee loan of up to £5535 the first £3465 is self funded.
    Year 2-4
    Reduced rate maintenance loan Students can also apply for the NHS bursary, therefore the NHS will pay the first £3,465 of the tuition charge. A partial tuition fee loan of up to £5,535 is then available to meet the difference between £3,465 and the tuition fee charged.

If you are doing an undergraduate Dentistry course the funding would be as follows:

Year 1-4
    Maintenance loan only, no tuition fees due to equivalent level qualification.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex.anne)
    When can student loans be payed back? Like the earliest date to get the least amount of interest?
    Hi,

You can repay back your loan at any point, in study or finished your course. Voluntary payments can be made aswell as through your salary.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shado123)
    I have been told by SFE advisors on TSR and over the phone that Home office documents/UK border agency letters can be used as Residency evidence as well as Status evidence in certain circumstances... is this True?

and is a home office check on par with a home office document?
    (in a situation when someone has lost their home office documents or UK border agency letter)
    Hi,

if you are not able to provide the evidence for your residency/status then you can write a letter and advise us of this and we can request a home office check. We will not do this unless we are told by the student they do not have the evidence.

If you have home office documents then we advise the original to be sent to us to review.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batman01)
    When can I apply for the 2017/18 academic year??
    Hi,

Applications for the 17/18 academic year will be online late Feb/early March.
    Keep checking back online for updates.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I have a place for nursing 2017 start. I currently am 19 and work full time I live with my grandparents and dad. Do i have to put my income the whole house or just my dads income? Also my dad does not work so how will i find out his income from the tax year? . Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can you get a higher loan if you're parent will be supporting 3 children at university at once or is there any other financial help I can get as I am on the lowest loan. This means I may not be able to go to uni as I will need to pay around £1,500 on top of the loan to cover accommodation and then I will need to find some more money for food. Due to having 2 siblings currently at uni, my parent cannot afford me as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.