Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    If you're an EU student with questions about studying in England, ask your questions here.

ReputationRep:
    When and where do you apply for student finance when applied for September 2017 entry?

Disregard my previous question, worded badly!

ReputationRep:
    As an EU student, can I get a maintenance loan as well as a tuition loan? The official student finance website isn't too clear about the maintenance loan, and I can't seem to get a straightforward answer.

If I can't get a loan to pay for accommodation, is there any support I can get for this? I'm afraid that if I have to pay it all by myself, I won't be able to afford it.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any information about government loans for EU students applying in 2017? Will we have to all the loans and grants just as before?

ReputationRep:
    My home country gives me more student finance than the UK does, the only problem is, I get the money monthly while the tuition loan from SF is at the beginning of the year. Are universities generally okay with paying tuition in several terms instead of all in the first months?

Second questions is; are there any other loans/grants/bursaries available to EU students studying in London for 2017-2018 entry than the tuition fee loan?

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU student but have been living in the UK for the past three years, and have family members(EEA ) working and residing here. Can I qualify for the maintenance grant?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    where can I find the link to apply for the student loan for September 2017?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BusMan21)
    When and where do you apply for student finance when applied for September 2017 entry?

Disregard my previous question, worded badly!
    Hi,

Applications will be available online end of Feb/early March, it will be on the gov.uk/student-finance-forms the form will need to be printed off and completed then returned to us. The application form is EU17N.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinnekevt)
    As an EU student, can I get a maintenance loan as well as a tuition loan? The official student finance website isn't too clear about the maintenance loan, and I can't seem to get a straightforward answer.

If I can't get a loan to pay for accommodation, is there any support I can get for this? I'm afraid that if I have to pay it all by myself, I won't be able to afford it.

Hi,

As an EU student it is only Tuition fees that are available to cover the cost of the course.

The only way you are eligible for the maintenance loan is if you have been living in the UK for 5 years before the start of the course or are currently working in the UK and will continue to throughout your course.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmishha)
    Are there any information about government loans for EU students applying in 2017? Will we have to all the loans and grants just as before?
    Hi,

There are no changes to EU students for the 17/18 academic year.

http://www.slc.co.uk/media/latest-ne...n-england.aspx

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DutchApp)
    My home country gives me more student finance than the UK does, the only problem is, I get the money monthly while the tuition loan from SF is at the beginning of the year. Are universities generally okay with paying tuition in several terms instead of all in the first months?

Second questions is; are there any other loans/grants/bursaries available to EU students studying in London for 2017-2018 entry than the tuition fee loan?
    Hi,

You would need to speak to the university/college you would be looking to attend to see how they would exactly want the fees to be paid to them, but am sure they would be able to come to some sort of arrangement.

Depending on the university in which you attend you may be eligible for an EU bursary, but that would be the only other funding.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noor.raja)
    I am an EU student but have been living in the UK for the past three years, and have family members(EEA ) working and residing here. Can I qualify for the maintenance grant?
    Hi,

We no longer provide maintenance grants for students starting there studies after September 2016.

You may be eligible for the maintenance loan.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dadinu91)
    Hello,
    where can I find the link to apply for the student loan for September 2017?
    Thank you
    Hi,

The applications are not available yet, they will be online late Feb/early March. Keep checking back to www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms for the forms becoming available.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm a EU student but been living in England for the past 12 years, I was just wondering how the amount of money I could be eligible to receive changes between English unis and Scottish unis?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student Money Week 2017)
    If you're an EU student with questions about studying in England, ask your questions here.
    Hello,

I applied in February 2016 for my student tuition fee and Maintenance loan as UK student and my application is refused because I missed 2 weeks in my residency in UK. How to cancel this application and apply for Tuition fee? and If I have low income do you have any different way to help for example Bursary? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU student. After July this year I will have lived in the UK for 10 years (half my life), what I am confused about is that I moved to Asia for 2 years with my parents for their work as expats when I was 16 and graduated high school there and came back to the UK at 18. That was almost 2 years ago now and I am now 20. Im very confused about whether I am eligible for student maintenance loans or not since it says on the gov website I should be eligible if I've lived in the UK for half my life which I will have before I start uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an EU student. I have two questions:
    1) Do I have to mantain a certain average grade to keep the finance for Tutition fees for all the course?
    2) Will I be able to apply for postgraduate finance after three years of undergraduate studies?

ReputationRep:
    1. As an EU student, am I eligible for the postgraduate loan for studies in Scotland?
      Also, concerning that I can apply for the postgraduate loan only after I am accepted to the programme which I cannot afford without the loan, what are the chances of finally receiving the loan?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could you still qualify for the maintenance loan if your parents are EEA workers even though you're personally employed yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have been recently accepted at university in England and I want to know some details about loans.I don't understand the ' evidence ' thing.When I send the printed formular I have to add the passport or my identity card, right ? ( I am living outside UK )Also, both of my parents are working in UK for almost two years, it should help me with something?

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.