Why are a lot of people Islamophobic? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    So, we will have to deal with
    I'm assuming this is your solution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    *I* haven't invaded anyone, thank you very much. I hear this all the time. So what you mean is, and be honest; that you all come here to punish us? That your grandparents came here, not to better themselves, but out of hatred of Imperialist Britain? Be honest; is that really what Muslims think?
    You're saying Muslims should have never come to the West LOL. So okay you haven't invaded everyone, but you generalise all Muslims? I was born here, many people come just to live a better and peaceful life. Shut up with your ignorance

ReputationRep:
    So, we will have to deal with less than 1.6 million Muslim terrorists

well, that's a huge relief

best
    Actually it's less than 0.1%. Your view on Muslims is ridiculous. Typical loner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazon_Lover)
    I dont understand why
    Its All due to the Media and how People now group all Muslims as Terrorists and how people are Scared. The fuel is Fear!
    Hope This Helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaGirl)
    In some areas, men are greater than women and in others women are greater than men.
    I think the former is fairly notorious in Islam but can you list us all the areas in which "women are greater than men"?

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that of the 1.6billion Muslims on Earth, less than 0.1% of them are terrorists?.
    So, we will have to deal with less than 1.6 million Muslim terrorists
    well, that's a huge relief
    99.9% of which are in middle eastern countries where your interference is not wanted. .
    this leaves us with about 1600 Muslim terrorists running loose in our countries
    now we are reassured

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascend)
    I think the former is fairly notorious in Islam but can you list us all the areas in which "women are greater than men"?
    Non-Muslims think Women are oppressed because they have to cover themselves, then generalise all other Muslim women because of what Saudi Arabia does e.g. no driving lmfao. There are more Muslim countries.

I swear Muslim countries have had more female presidents/head-of-states than America?

Still oppressed?

ReputationRep:
    now we are reassured

best
    and even more White right-wing shooters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    Actually it's less than 0.1%. Your view on Muslims is ridiculous. Typical loner
    actually, the 0.1% estimate is by AishaGirl

She is a valued member of our forum, and I really take issue with you insulting her

best regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    Non-Muslims think Women are oppressed because they have to cover themselves, then generalise all other Muslim women because of what Saudi Arabia does e.g. no driving lmfao. There are more Muslim countries.

I swear Muslim countries have had more female presidents/head-of-states than America?

Still oppressed?
    You quoted me yet seem to have completely ignored my post and went off on a rabid whinge about Saudi and America, presuming that I somehow 1. believe the KSA to be the only representative Muslim country and 2. hold America to a high standard. Try again.

ReputationRep:
    You quoted me yet seem to have completely ignored my post and went off on a rabid whinge about Saudi and America, presuming that I somehow 1. believe the KSA to be the only representative Muslim country and 2. hold America to a high standard. Try again.
    cool story, I didn't mention you specifically though

ReputationRep:
    Well the obvious one is parenting. The child spends all the time with the mother while the father is working so Allah swt has entrusted the mother to raise and care for the child. This is a huge responsibility.

Keeping the house an it's affairs in order.

Spending all his money.

You cannot really put them into tick boxes. The husband and the wife are a pair and both complement each other in various ways. It will make me happy to see him happy.

I don't know what else to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    and even more White right-wing shooters
    it's nice to know that someone is keeping precise tabs

why don't you transmit all your valuable information to the security forces ? that would be extremely useful

best

ReputationRep:
    No... A lot of the ones in the west are locked up. Sure I won't deny that right now as we speak there are probably a few planning some attacks or whatever but ask yourself, if there are so many terrorists running around trying to kill people, why are there only a handful of attacks per year?

You think there would be an attack every other week.

(Original post by markova21)
      So what you mean is, and be honest; that you all come here to punish us?
      He's making it up as he goes along. It's a common thing to hear from some Muslims/other descendants of migrants who are in the west not through any choice of their own but nonetheless, when they feel under attack, proceed to justify why, really, they decided to be here for so and so reasons (usually to do with imperialism/colonialism - 'I'm claiming reparations for my people's historic oppression'1). It's claiming agency in an event in which the persons speaking didn't have any - people like to feel in control of their lives and it hurts them if someone implies they've got to where they have through anything other than their own free choices. You can see how foolish it sounds when you put the bits together: 'I, a person born and raised in the UK, came to the UK and live here because of an invasion that happened after my birth.'

The majority of Muslims and other migrants (this has been a rule for migrants throughout history, really) came to better their lives and that of their children. At least the ones that arrived immediately after WW2 were ordinary, decent people with no particular dogmas, religious nationalism especially. They were mostly poor and didn't generally have time to be righteous outraged about everything unlike their idiot, keyboard-wielding descendants.

Spoiler:
      Show
      1 Which is obviously ********, because the oppression is claimed to be suffered by the collective but the reparations are reaped only by a small number of opportunistic individuals who make no effort to ensure that others in the group whose membership grants them oppressed status also benefit, leading us to conclude, therefore, that these people have temporarily converted to social justice-type ideas simply to plug a hole in their worldview and cover their arse against accusations of hypocrisy, as opposed to any serious belief in what they say.

ReputationRep:
      it's nice to know that someone is keeping precise tabs

why don't you transmit all your valuable information to the security forces ? that would be extremely useful

best
      Why don't you? Since you believe all Muslims want to wage war against the world

ReputationRep:
      Islamophobia shouldn't even be word.

There's nothing irrational about disliking a religion

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hydeman)
      He's making it up as he goes along. It's a common thing to hear from some Muslims/other descendants of migrants who are in the west not through any choice of their own but nonetheless, when they feel under attack, proceed to justify why, really, they decided to be here for so and so reasons (usually to do with imperialism/colonialism - 'I'm claiming reparations for my people's historic oppression'1). It's claiming agency in an event in which the persons speaking didn't have any - people like to feel in control of their lives and it hurts them if someone implies they've got to where they have through anything other than their own free choices. You can see how foolish it sounds when you put the bits together: 'I, a person born and raised in the UK, came to the UK and live here because of an invasion that happened after my birth.'

The majority of Muslims and other migrants (this has been a rule for migrants throughout history, really) came to better their lives and that of their children. At least the ones that arrived immediately after WW2 were ordinary, decent people with no particular dogmas, religious nationalism especially. They were mostly poor and didn't generally have time to be righteous outraged about everything unlike their idiot, keyboard-wielding descendants.

Spoiler:
      Show

1 Which is obviously ********, because the oppression is claimed to be suffered by the collective but the reparations are reaped only by a small number of opportunistic individuals who make no effort to ensure that others in the group whose membership grants them oppressed status also benefit, leading us to conclude, therefore, that these people have temporarily converted to social justice-type ideas simply to plug a hole in their worldview and cover their arse against accusations of hypocrisy, as opposed to any serious belief in what they say.
      Can you read? When did I say I'm in the UK because of oppression in those countries? I said it's because to build a better life and live peacefully.

So I'm assuming you also agree with the fact that Muslims should have never travelled to the West. Cool story, didn't expect much from someone on here.
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

People fear what they don't understand...

ReputationRep:
      They aren't islamaphobic, they are just portrayed like that by media outlets like the Independent. The people you think are 'islamaphobic' are not, but it is in most cases you who is islamaphobic PHOBIC. As soon as you mention Islam, you get labelled as a islamaphobe, racist, homophobe, sexist etc etc., they look for anything to call you even if it just makes no sense. Don't rely on the media, otherwise we'll get a **** fest in Britian like they've got in the US. Liberals refusing to accept Trumps policies and most of them jumping to conclusions before researching the facts

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.