Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jpurds)
    Hi guys I hope yesterday went well for everyone. I'm going into my second year of physio at George's and was wondering whether anyone had any questions. George's is notorious for being very disorganised/unclear when it comes to giving out information so if you want to know anything please do ask! See you in September
    Hi,
    Thanks for your post. My conditional offer for physiotherapy just changed to unconditional on UCAS, but I had no email or post from Admissions. Do you know when we are likely to hear from them and when enrolment starts etc. What is the first semester like? Are the lectures pretty full on right from the start?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenahelka)
    Hi,
    Thanks for your post. My conditional offer for physiotherapy just changed to unconditional on UCAS, but I had no email or post from Admissions. Do you know when we are likely to hear from them and when enrolment starts etc. What is the first semester like? Are the lectures pretty full on right from the start?
    Hi I remember last year not receiving any info from the admissions so I think I emailed them sometime this week after clearing etc had calmed down. You're enrolled during freshers fortnight and will need to take all your exam certificates etc again. Freshers is mostly intro lectures but after that the first term is pretty busy. To start with all your lectures will be with all the medics/biomeds/radiographers etc and this is less relavent to physio, but after a few weeks you'll start having some physio only lectures which are a lot more relavent. In the first year you get most Wednesdays off but you should be prepared to be in pretty much 9-5 on other days during the first term. The first lectures with everyone are quite short but there are lost of them crammed into the day, whereas the physio only lectures are longer. In the second and third terms you only have lectures with the other physios (and maybe OTs) and I found I was less busy in these terms - some mornings/afternoons off etc. Most students use the St George's Students' Union (SGSU) app to see their timetables but I've just checked and yours isn't up yet. It might be updated over the next few weeks though so if you're interested in looking at your timetable I'd keep checking that. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all that. It's been really helpful
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.