Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone pay for fitness plans? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that a few people have bought online guides e.t.c (Brandon Carter, P90x for example). Any students done this? How does buying a guide compare to doing stuff on your own at home or in a gym?

I've been doing more home stuff, but was wondering what resources other students use.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose whether it is worth it really depends on your goals, I personally never have because I never felt I needed to.

ReputationRep:
    Complete scam and waste of money. Everything they know is freely available online for you to learn. Do some research and learn how your body works. Learn how to compose a workout and learn how to track and calculate macros. You gonna pay for someone to go to the gym for you as well?

Get to a gym, being a student is no excuse whatsoever, you can join Puregym or other budget gyms for less than £20 a month.

ReputationRep:
    There's not a single program that you can pay for that would get you better results than a program you could get for free from the internet.

What equipment do you have at home?

ReputationRep:
    You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.