Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently have offers from all 4 university choices for Equine Business. My top 2 choices are Hartpury and Moreton Morrell. I have an unconditional offer from Moreton and a DMM offer front Hartpury.
    I've always loved Hartpury but I'm wondering if it would be the right place for me. It's an hour down the M5 from me so close enough to pop home if I need to but not on top of my parents! Moreton Morrell is an hour and a half - an hour and 3/4s away, but is 20 minutes from my grandparents and Aunt/Uncle if I needed urgent help from family.

Hartpury had amazing facilities, but had no turnout Oct-March (and sometimes beyond) which is a bit of a deal breaker as I'm planning to take my horse and she hates being stabled for long periods of time. I have not yet seen Moreton (I'm going up there in a few weeks), so not sure what facilities/livery/turnout is like.

I hear a lot of nice things about Moreton, people are really happy there etc.

It is also close to a lot of BE venues, which is also vaguely important to me as eventing is our thing!

Just wondering which university you chose/why?

ReputationRep:
    Moreton Morrell !! I haven't heard that name for years. I had friends who were very happy there, but that was an awfully long time ago...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Moreton Morrell !! I haven't heard that name for years. I had friends who were very happy there, but that was an awfully long time ago...!
    I initially had wanted to go to Hartpury for many many years (probably since 2011, I applied to do A Levels there but wussed out feeling too young to leave home just then!) but the more I go and see it, the more I wonder if I would be happy there. I still love it, and think it is amazing, but I'm just not sure if it is right for me! Obviously I am yet to see MM, but it does sound lovely, so I just wanted to get some people's opinions on it!

ReputationRep:
    go hartpury I left after A Levels to come to moreton morel and it is hell on earth my horse is in a damp stable and we have had no turnout since October !! the whole place is falling down and the staff are rude and obnoxious. I absolutely loved hartpury and would go back in a heart beat.

ReputationRep:
    I am so glad you said that - I put Hartpury down as my first choice last week and applied for accommodation and livery. I am sorry you do not like Moreton Morrell, but thank you for your input! Out of interest, what course are you doing there?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.