Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone,
    I got an offer from UEA for modern history (unconditional if firm), I really loved the uni when I went, but im just unsure about the nightlife? the other unis im looking at our Leeds and Manchester, and compared to those, the nightlife in Norwich doesn't seems to match

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Norwich compares to nightlife in the "big" cities like London or Manchester but London's only two hours away. I think there are more pubs than nightclubs, although there is the LCR which is sort of a club on campus.

Just done a google search and in town there are about 10 clubs and bars, can't comment on how good they are, guess I'll find out in Septemeber haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swainyy)
    I don't think Norwich compares to nightlife in the "big" cities like London or Manchester but London's only two hours away. I think there are more pubs than nightclubs, although there is the LCR which is sort of a club on campus.

Just done a google search and in town there are about 10 clubs and bars, can't comment on how good they are, guess I'll find out in Septemeber haha
    Thanks for the reply:-) suppose it's all up to the flat mates etc that you get to see if it'll be a party!
    It sounds like a decent number of clubs, and like you say, I can always visit other areas from time to time, thanks:-)
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahill)
    hi everyone,
    I got an offer from UEA for modern history (unconditional if firm), I really loved the uni when I went, but im just unsure about the nightlife? the other unis im looking at our Leeds and Manchester, and compared to those, the nightlife in Norwich doesn't seems to match
    There is plenty to do in Norwich in the evening, you'll certainly find our Student Union has events going on throughout the week, you'd certainly struggle trying to fit it all in! When I was a student I was one night at a club night, at a music gig (seeing artists like Kaiser Chiefs, Lily Allen, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay etc) the next, and then at a fancy dress night days later! You'll see here a flavour of go-to places in Norwich: https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergra...rwich-by-night

It used to be said we had a pub in the city for every day of the year. Now if you picture that, it's difficult to argue we haven't got an active nightlife in Norwich! Plus with over 200 clubs and societies to get involved with they'll all be organising activities and socials for fellow students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.