Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a Scottish student and last year I sat the National 5 exams with barely any preparation (I'm not one of those people who say "I done no revision" when in reality done lots, I legitimately only spent one set of 30 minutes for each subject just to skim over my jotters and thats it) thinking that they won't matter at all for my uni application as long as my Higher grades are high. I took 7 subjects last year and in the most important subjects got English A, Chemistry B, Physics C, Maths B (French B, D&M B, History A), with these grades I'm taking Highers in Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English and History, all of these subjects I'm expecting an A but I am afraid that I will get a B or C in maths considering how much I'm struggling with it. Since I haven't done biology at all, I'm having to "crash" Higher bio next year and the University of Glasgow entry requirements state that if you crash biology then you will need to get all A's in S5(this year), my main question is whether you 100% HAVE to get the AAAAA (or AAAAB) and whether any uni will consider your application if you got an AAAAC or just in general one poor mark result? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    In general, when applying for medicine, you need to be predicted/have the right grades or higher in order to be considered, unless they run an access programme that you are a part of. It is an incredibly competitive degree, so the majority of people applying will have high grades.

If you think that they may be lenient, you have extenuating circumstances, or they run an access programme that you may be eligible for, it's worth getting in touch with them just in case.

ReputationRep:
    As with the other poster, unless you are a part of widening access programme or have mitigating circumstances, Glasgow are unlikely to budge in their requirements. Same with any other med school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.