Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eyebrows falling out - PLEASE help! Watch

My eyebrows have always been pretty thick but recently I've noticed that every time I touch them or brush them or whatever, some hairs fall out. I know it's normal for a couple of eyebrow hairs to fall out every day, but about 20 fall out every day for me. I didn't really think that much of it at first but now it's really making a noticeable difference - my once thick eyebrows are now really patchy and sparse in areas. What can I do???!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My eyebrows have always been pretty thick but recently I've noticed that every time I touch them or brush them or whatever, some hairs fall out. I know it's normal for a couple of eyebrow hairs to fall out every day, but about 20 fall out every day for me. I didn't really think that much of it at first but now it's really making a noticeable difference - my once thick eyebrows are now really patchy and sparse in areas. What can I do???!!
    Have you noticed any hair loss anywhere else? It could be a number of things. It could be diet, a deficiency, stress, age, or for seemingly no reason at all. For now, you can fill them in with makeup if you want to, and if you find the hair loss is more wide spread then consider a trip to the GP

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you can try putting castor oil on them consistently?

ReputationRep:
    Your eyebrows be like: "Eyebrowlive I can fly..."

Anyone? Anyone?

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Have you noticed any hair loss anywhere else? It could be a number of things. It could be diet, a deficiency, stress, age, or for seemingly no reason at all. For now, you can fill them in with makeup if you want to, and if you find the hair loss is more wide spread then consider a trip to the GP
    No, I haven't noticed it anywhere else. I have a good diet and I'm only 18 so I think it's probably stress. The annoying thing is that I think the stress is largely caused by my eyebrows falling out...... and getting stressed about it is probably making them fall out more.......

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.