Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Moving University ... advice? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've nearly finished my first year at Cardiff university. From week one I hated student accommodation and have been very unlucky with who I live with. I have made friends and I am good at making friends however the city is very different from my hometown of Manchester and there's not much going on.

I've applied for uni of Liverpool and gotten into first year on the same course. I have chosen I am going to accept the offer and move. EVEN though I probably could power through my time here in Cardiff and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!

Moving to Liverpool I am not going to live in student accommodation as I don't think it's for me. I will live in a flat in a studenty area but on my own. I was wondering if anyone has started uni and done this. How did it go for you? Will I make friends without living in student accommodation?
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Studentchesca)
    I've nearly finished my first year at Cardiff university. From week one I hated student accommodation and have been very unlucky with who I live with. I have made friends and I am good at making friends however the city is very different from my hometown of Manchester and there's not much going on.

I've applied for uni of Liverpool and gotten into first year on the same course. I have chosen I am going to accept the offer and move. EVEN though I probably could power through my time here in Cardiff and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!

Moving to Liverpool I am not going to live in student accommodation as I don't think it's for me. I will live in a flat in a studenty area but on my own. I was wondering if anyone has started uni and done this. How did it go for you? Will I make friends without living in student accommodation?
    Moved into the University section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentchesca)
    I will live in a flat in a studenty area but on my own.
    Will your Student Finance cover this? Are you sure you can afford it? Renting your own flat by yourself will cost a lot more than renting a room in student accommodation. You won't get any more Student Finance in Liverpool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.