Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to go to New York City with a friend (great timing i know) but it's also my dream to go to Canada. So the plan so far is NY 4 days and Toronto 3 days.
    So far i've found either a train journey which takes about 8 hours, or a 1 1/2 hour flight. Even though i really want to go to Canada i can't find many things to do in Toronto.

Does anyone have any advice? Would you recommend a different part of Canada or would it still be fun just to walk around and explore what's there without a list of things to do.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I went to Canada last summer and absolutely loved it. I spent 3 days in Toronto, with a day trip to Niagara in the middle. If you're coming up from NYC, maybe you could break up the journey with a stopover there: I guess it depends if you want to visit Niagara!

While I was in Toronto itself, I did the Islands (definitely the best part of the city imo!), the CN tower, Casa Loma and the Royal Ontario Museum. I was starting to struggle a bit for things to do by the second day, but there are beaches and things to explore as well

I hope that helps a bit, and if you have any other queries please ask!

ReputationRep:
    If you are travelling on a budget & want to see more you could book the Megabus & stop in Boston/Niagara Falls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowystarks)
    I'm planning to go to New York City with a friend (great timing i know) but it's also my dream to go to Canada. So the plan so far is NY 4 days and Toronto 3 days.
    So far i've found either a train journey which takes about 8 hours, or a 1 1/2 hour flight. Even though i really want to go to Canada i can't find many things to do in Toronto.

Does anyone have any advice? Would you recommend a different part of Canada or would it still be fun just to walk around and explore what's there without a list of things to do.

Thanks
    There are loads of things to do in Toronto dude. Why not just stay at a hostel and see what's going on?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.