Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to go to New York City with a friend (great timing i know) but it's also my dream to go to Canada. So the plan so far is NY 4 days and Toronto 3 days.
    So far i've found either a train journey which takes about 8 hours, or a 1 1/2 hour flight. Even though i really want to go to Canada i can't find many things to do in Toronto.

Does anyone have any advice? Would you recommend a different part of Canada or would it still be fun just to walk around and explore what's there without a list of things to do.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I went to Canada last summer and absolutely loved it. I spent 3 days in Toronto, with a day trip to Niagara in the middle. If you're coming up from NYC, maybe you could break up the journey with a stopover there: I guess it depends if you want to visit Niagara!

While I was in Toronto itself, I did the Islands (definitely the best part of the city imo!), the CN tower, Casa Loma and the Royal Ontario Museum. I was starting to struggle a bit for things to do by the second day, but there are beaches and things to explore as well

I hope that helps a bit, and if you have any other queries please ask!

ReputationRep:
    If you are travelling on a budget & want to see more you could book the Megabus & stop in Boston/Niagara Falls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowystarks)
    I'm planning to go to New York City with a friend (great timing i know) but it's also my dream to go to Canada. So the plan so far is NY 4 days and Toronto 3 days.
    So far i've found either a train journey which takes about 8 hours, or a 1 1/2 hour flight. Even though i really want to go to Canada i can't find many things to do in Toronto.

Does anyone have any advice? Would you recommend a different part of Canada or would it still be fun just to walk around and explore what's there without a list of things to do.

Thanks
    There are loads of things to do in Toronto dude. Why not just stay at a hostel and see what's going on?

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.