Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a 2nd year student at UCL. I've struggled with enjoying university since I started. I first started university in Exeter in 2014 and, as a consequence of my poor mental health, did not enjoy it, and was blaming this on Exeter being small and full of 'rahs'. I then decided to change unis, starting again at first year at UCL in 2015, and I am now in my second year. I only made this choice motivated by UCL's excellent reputation, however I do not feel comfotable in London and struggle to meet people I like. I realised that I took so many things for granted in Exeter, I miss the greenery, and the nice people I knew there, the easy-going pace of daily life.
    Should I stay in UCL and finish my degree?
    OR should I stop my UCL degree now and transfer into Exeter second year? That means I would graduate in 2019, instead of 2017 as I was supposed to.
    I know its not logical, but I really don't see myself living in London anyways, or working here.
    Please tell me what you think honestly. xx
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donnie321)
    I am a 2nd year student at UCL. I've struggled with enjoying university since I started. I first started university in Exeter in 2014 and, as a consequence of my poor mental health, did not enjoy it, and was blaming this on Exeter being small and full of 'rahs'. I then decided to change unis, starting again at first year at UCL in 2015, and I am now in my second year. I only made this choice motivated by UCL's excellent reputation, however I do not feel comfotable in London and struggle to meet people I like. I realised that I took so many things for granted in Exeter, I miss the greenery, and the nice people I knew there, the easy-going pace of daily life.
    Should I stay in UCL and finish my degree?
    OR should I stop my UCL degree now and transfer into Exeter second year? That means I would graduate in 2019, instead of 2017 as I was supposed to.
    I know its not logical, but I really don't see myself living in London anyways, or working here.
    Please tell me what you think honestly. xx
    It d be very difficult to get that swap funded, if you can stick it out for a year then find a job out of London then I d do that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.