The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSC Economics & Strategy for Business

Hello

I wonder if there is anyone applying for the above mentioned program of Imperial business school.

I've just submitted an application and not quite sure how long it will take to get notified whether I'd be selected for an interview. Also if you don't mind I'd just like to ask that between LSE and Imperial business school which one is harder to get accepted please.

Thanks a lot

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello Sammy2534.
I applied for the Msc in Economics and Strategy at ICL on the 29th of November. I was invited for an interview on the 13th of December and I got my acceptance email yesterday stating that they have accepted me and i will receive an offer within 3 weeks. Hope this helps.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Sammy2534
Hello

I wonder if there is anyone applying for the above mentioned program of Imperial business school.

I've just submitted an application and not quite sure how long it will take to get notified whether I'd be selected for an interview. Also if you don't mind I'd just like to ask that between LSE and Imperial business school which one is harder to get accepted please.

Thanks a lot

Hello. LSE is harder to get into BUT considering your course, I think Imperial will suit you better. It's less theory based/a more practical way of teaching.

I received my interview invite 3 weeks after my application for the MSc Management course, and got my offer about 6 weeks after I applied.
Reply 3
Original post by LadyInLondon
Hello. LSE is harder to get into BUT considering your course, I think Imperial will suit you better. It's less theory based/a more practical way of teaching.

I received my interview invite 3 weeks after my application for the MSc Management course, and got my offer about 6 weeks after I applied.

Hello

I've already received offer from LSE 2 weeks ago (MSC Economics and Management) after several months of painful waiting. I submitted another application to Imperial earlier this month for similar program. Anyway I'm thinking of going for LSE as I'm not quite sure I'll be able to make it for Imperial.
Reply 4
Original post by Eass1993
Hello Sammy2534.
I applied for the Msc in Economics and Strategy at ICL on the 29th of November. I was invited for an interview on the 13th of December and I got my acceptance email yesterday stating that they have accepted me and i will receive an offer within 3 weeks. Hope this helps.

I would be grateful if you could please share some interview tips and the questions you were asked. I have my interview within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by ash4242
I would be grateful if you could please share some interview tips and the questions you were asked. I have my interview within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks

Hello Ash
If i remember correctly the interview consisted of 7 questions.
1. What are your short run and long run goals?
2. You are the leader of a team. If the team gets demotivated how do you react?
3. How do your short term goals align with your future aspirations?
4. How do your extra curricular activities help you achieve your ambitions!?
5. If the price of coffee has a vertical demand what happens if we increase the price?
I dont quite remember the rest since they were quantitative questions. Basically the main tip that i can provide is time management. You only have one minute to develop your answer and reach a conclusion so managing your time efficiently is really important. Otherwise, the computer cuts you off before you finish.
Hope this helps
Reply 6
Hello Ash
5. If the price of coffee has a vertical demand what happens if we increase the price?
I dont quite remember the rest since they were quantitative questions. Basically the main tip that i can provide is time management. You only have one minute to develop your answer and reach a conclusion so managing your time efficiently is really important. Otherwise, the computer cuts you off before you finish.
Hope this helps

Thanks very much, very helpful set of questions.
Reply 7
Hello Ash
Hope this helps

Could you please let me know how the quantitative questions were structured? Did you answer them by describing them while being recorded or they were multiple questions format?
Thanks
Reply 8
Original post by ash4242
Could you please let me know how the quantitative questions were structured? Did you answer them by describing them while being recorded or they were multiple questions format?
Thanks

Hello Ash
The questions were in sentence format not multiple choice. The computer provided you a scenario and you had to calculate for example the average of certain variables. So basically when answering you had to describe how you derived the answer. I dont think you need to worry about the quant questions they were relatively easy and required minimum background knowledge. I think the most difficult questions are the economics oriented.
Just applied to Msc Economics & Strategy for Business (ESB) yesterday. Will I stand a chance by having 1 year working experience working at Indonesia Stock Exchange, 3 months internship at Deloitte, and 1 month intern as investment analyst at one of the biggest cement company in Asia?

Do they really spend 6-8 weeks to process the application?
Original post by patapon123
Just applied to Msc Economics & Strategy for Business (ESB) yesterday. Will I stand a chance by having 1 year working experience working at Indonesia Stock Exchange, 3 months internship at Deloitte, and 1 month intern as investment analyst at one of the biggest cement company in Asia?

Do they really spend 6-8 weeks to process the application?

Hello Petapon 123
Your work experience is quite impressive. However work experience is not the only factor, grades and extracurricular activities are as important. You certainly stand a chance but your application was submitted quite late so there is a chance that most positions have already been filled up which decreases your chances of admission. From my experience the processing time of the application was around 7 weeks from submission until i received my offer.
Hope this helps.
Hello Petapon 123
Your work experience is quite impressive. However work experience is not the only factor, grades and extracurricular activities are as important. You certainly stand a chance but your application was submitted quite late so there is a chance that most positions have already been filled up which decreases your chances of admission. From my experience the processing time of the application was around 7 weeks from submission until i received my offer.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the late submission is my concern too. Wishing for the best :smile:
anyway, are you an offer holder?
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the late submission is my concern too. Wishing for the best :smile:
anyway, are you an offer holder?

Yes i received my offer in march for MSc Economics & Strategy
Yes i received my offer in march for MSc Economics & Strategy

do you know how many offer holders to date?
do you know how many offer holders to date?

Nope sorry. Maybe you can call the business school and request that information.
Received an email with "Offer from Business School" as subject containing a congratulatory statement, but said that i have to wait for approximately 3 weeks for official offer detailing the condition of my offer. What does it mean actually? Is it conditional offer?
Hi guys - congrats to all those that have offers! I am currently in the process of applying for this programme for 2018 entry - I was wondering if anyone might be able to provide advice on how I should be structuring my Personal Statement for this program?
Original post by Nathan9087
Hello

Thanks a lot

Hi, I applied for this program and they also asked me to take a video interview. I feel quite nervous and I have no idea how to prepare for it. Could you please give some tips about the interview and share your experience about what specific questions they asked you? Thank you so much for your help!
Original post by Tiffanysxs
Hi, I applied for this program and they also asked me to take a video interview. I feel quite nervous and I have no idea how to prepare for it. Could you please give some tips about the interview and share your experience about what specific questions they asked you? Thank you so much for your help!

Hey there, I was just wondering how the interview went for you?
Hello, I applied for this program and I am wondering if there is someone who has received an offer and how long after the interview got the answer! It's been 5 weeks since I completed the interview and I have not heard back !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending