Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I transfer university? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first year of university and I absolutely hate my uni. I don't have the grades to move to a Russel Group just yet but if I get a 2:1 or above this year then I can apply to a better uni for 2018 entry. I am also 4 hours away from my boyfriend which is making me depressed as well. I don't dislike my uni because of its ranking (which is pretty low) I just really hate the uni itself. It's absolutely tiny and I don't even feel like I'm at university. If I achieve a 2:1 or above this year does that enable me to transfer into second year in 2018? or will I have to re-do first year??
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose_Greenwood)
    I'm in my first year of university and I absolutely hate my uni. I don't have the grades to move to a Russel Group just yet but if I get a 2:1 or above this year then I can apply to a better uni for 2018 entry. I am also 4 hours away from my boyfriend which is making me depressed as well. I don't dislike my uni because of its ranking (which is pretty low) I just really hate the uni itself. It's absolutely tiny and I don't even feel like I'm at university. If I achieve a 2:1 or above this year does that enable me to transfer into second year in 2018? or will I have to re-do first year??
    It is indeed possible to transfer to a university and start from their second year, and from what you've said I can't really argue, it seems like to right choice to get away from where you are.

What I would suggest doing is contacting the admissions department for each uni that you are interested in and ask what their stance is / whether they would be likely to accept you for second year entry (or worst comes to worst, first year entry)

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    This thread might help you

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1781424

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.