Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That may explain why president seemed a bit uncertain in this recent Twitter fusillade. Unlike many of his all-cap attacks, he ended his threat to withhold federal funds with a question mark, not an exclamation point.
    Even agreeing with his political views, you must feel embarrassed championing someone like this?

ReputationRep:
    Asking or telling?

Just wondered as not sure whether you have used a ? rather than a ! by mistake.

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand your point. It seems perhaps to be that something is betokened by non-standard punctuation. But your thread header is phrased but not punctuated as a question while your single sentence post is phrased as a declarative sentence but then given a question mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Even agreeing with his political views, you must feel embarrassed championing someone like this?
    Mathemagician?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Mathemagician?
    Well that explains my question.

I wonder if I know people who secretly support Trump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    I can't understand your point. It seems perhaps to be that something is betokened by non-standard punctuation. But your thread header is phrased but not punctuated as a question while your single sentence post is phrased as a declarative sentence but then given a question mark.
    Well you see, like Donald, I wasn't sure either whether to use a ! or a ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Well you see, like Donald, I wasn't sure either whether to use a ! or a ?
    Was it a rhetorical question? Which, bearing in mind your hitherto snowflake-esque angst at Mr Trump's MO, I assume it was.

If I'm right then "?" would be inappropriate.

Happy to help

ReputationRep:
    Many don't think that far into it. They see someone who represents their nationalistic beliefs and are drawn to him. It's become a religion, with Trump as the prophet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    Was it a rhetorical question? Which, bearing in mind your hitherto snowflake-esque angst at Mr Trump's MO, I assume it was.

If I'm right then "?" would be inappropriate.

Happy to help
    You are mistaking ridicule for fear.

But one thing is true, I would love to understand more of the psychology behind people idolizing Donald.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.