Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How on earth can you follow someone that can be summed up like this Watch

ReputationRep:
    That may explain why president seemed a bit uncertain in this recent Twitter fusillade. Unlike many of his all-cap attacks, he ended his threat to withhold federal funds with a question mark, not an exclamation point.
    Even agreeing with his political views, you must feel embarrassed championing someone like this?

ReputationRep:
    Asking or telling?

Just wondered as not sure whether you have used a ? rather than a ! by mistake.

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand your point. It seems perhaps to be that something is betokened by non-standard punctuation. But your thread header is phrased but not punctuated as a question while your single sentence post is phrased as a declarative sentence but then given a question mark.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Even agreeing with his political views, you must feel embarrassed championing someone like this?
    Mathemagician?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Mathemagician?
    Well that explains my question.

I wonder if I know people who secretly support Trump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    I can't understand your point. It seems perhaps to be that something is betokened by non-standard punctuation. But your thread header is phrased but not punctuated as a question while your single sentence post is phrased as a declarative sentence but then given a question mark.
    Well you see, like Donald, I wasn't sure either whether to use a ! or a ?

(Original post by cbreef)
      Mathemagician?
      Me?

I love how there is no neutrality on internet forums. Either you are a liberal, or you are (these days) a Trumpist.

I enjoy dancing between the two groups and watch the labels they give me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yudothis)
      Well you see, like Donald, I wasn't sure either whether to use a ! or a ?
      Was it a rhetorical question? Which, bearing in mind your hitherto snowflake-esque angst at Mr Trump's MO, I assume it was.

If I'm right then "?" would be inappropriate.

Happy to help

ReputationRep:
      Many don't think that far into it. They see someone who represents their nationalistic beliefs and are drawn to him. It's become a religion, with Trump as the prophet.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by viffer)
      Was it a rhetorical question? Which, bearing in mind your hitherto snowflake-esque angst at Mr Trump's MO, I assume it was.

If I'm right then "?" would be inappropriate.

Happy to help
      You are mistaking ridicule for fear.

But one thing is true, I would love to understand more of the psychology behind people idolizing Donald.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.