Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I thought I would share this amazing chillout spot (Monkey Barrel Comedy but in the daytime) that I have discovered and have been recently spending my afternoons to write my tedious dissertation and procrastinate on their free WIFI.

I discovered this place when I went to their student comedy night and I got talking to the barman and he told me there was open in the day for food and coffee. He gave me a student card which meant I got 10 percent discount off, So I thought I’d wander on down cos I needed a new place to getaway from the flat to write my dissertation. I usually go to Brew Lab but the Mac brigade take up all the space and I can never get a seat!

So anyways I tried Monkey Barrel and it's amazing it's in the centre of town right next door to the City Cafe and there is soo much room and they have cool comfy old cinema seats and play brilliant music. They also have retro computer games consoles like Sega Megadrive and Nintendo which I have to admit were a bit of a distraction haha

Then I ventured through to the bar and they have ridiculous amounts of craft beer and their cakes; well bloody hell I thought I had walked into an artisan bakery. So I opted for my usually Flat white drink and I didn't expect much because at the end of the day it is just a comedy club but wow the barista was very skilled and the coffee was to die for; So I asked who supplied their coffee and the barista told me it was from Machina a local company and it turns out all of their products are sourced locally from local suppliers.

Well anyways cut a long story short this place is well cool and is a hidden gem and no one seems to know about it so abandon your wanky coffee and craft beer bars and get yourself down to the monkey barrel cafe in the day for a different kind of place to relax and attack your uni work!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.