Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

In 2011 I went to Sheffield Uni to study English but dropped out in the first month of my second year due to health reasons. Because I dropped out due to health reasons I was given funding to enroll onto an International Relations course at Sussex Uni in 2013 and graduated in 2016. My course was incredible, I learned a lot and has pushed me into wanting to study nursing. I know that funding was available for a second degree if it's a healthcare science, but is that going to still be the same in Wales for 2017/18 entry? Would they reject me because I technically would be enrolling onto a THIRD (rather than second) University course (cant get enough of those degrees...)?

Any help would be much appreciated - I'd love to be a nurse.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotteasking)
    Hello!

In 2011 I went to Sheffield Uni to study English but dropped out in the first month of my second year due to health reasons. Because I dropped out due to health reasons I was given funding to enroll onto an International Relations course at Sussex Uni in 2013 and graduated in 2016. My course was incredible, I learned a lot and has pushed me into wanting to study nursing. I know that funding was available for a second degree if it's a healthcare science, but is that going to still be the same in Wales for 2017/18 entry? Would they reject me because I technically would be enrolling onto a THIRD (rather than second) University course (cant get enough of those degrees...)?

Any help would be much appreciated - I'd love to be a nurse.
    Wales aren't as yet scrapping NHS bursaries so I think you would be able to get funding, give sfw a call and they should be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    As I understand it, you would get the NHS bursary but not the student maintenance grants or loans.

ReputationRep:
    Same sort of situation, I've recently withdrawn from my second degree as student finance messed up my entitlement.

I was originally given a tuition fee Loan for my second degree because I was on a course that attracted the NHS bursary (the guidelines change every year which is annoying)

Student finance insisted that my previous study wouldn't be taken into account because of this. However 6 weeks after enrolment, they Informed me that they had made a mistake and that I was now liable to pay the university.
    With the new guidelines I'm worndering if I can get funding to do an NHS funded course. Taking into account I've technically studied twice.

This is for England, any replies would be appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.