Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

What I mean is for example the other night I was going through the London Underground and my brother had a problem with his ticket so I waited the other side next minute this women is flashing this ticket at me thinking I am the ticket guard even though I was wearing full football colours of Aston Villa. Has anything like this ever happened to any of you?

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Someone was about to ask me a question because they thought I was a doctor but they then realized I wasn't. I think it was because I was wearing my ID card holder.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Someone thought I worked for Sports Direct. I was wearing a Man City shirt.

ReputationRep:
    An Abercrombie shop assistant in London.
    A gondolier in Venice, I had dark blue trousers, a polo shirt with a similar print (unintentionally) and a boater (which I bought there on purpose).
    The skipper of some friends' boat at a regatta.

ReputationRep:
    Some kid thought I was a policeman just outside Westfields.

I also had this elderly woman come up to me and ask for help with her iPhone at an Apple Store thinking I was a tech guy lol

ReputationRep:
    I was coming down the escalator in M&S and a woman came up to me holding a big fish and said something like "what are you going to do about this fish?" I was taken aback for a second or two - then I said "I don't work here". She muttered something and walked off. But someone else must have seen this, and also assumed I was an M&S manager and started complaining about something else.

happy :emo:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rock Fan)
      ...even though I was wearing full football colours
      I have several times been mistaken for a footballer, and was on none of these occasions wearing football kit.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RossB1702)
      I always get mistaken for someone who gives a s**t.
      I hope you don't let it upset you.

ReputationRep:
      I got accused of being a pap once
      Street photography is risky business

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cambio wechsel)
      I hope you don't let it upset you.
      Never mate. In all seriousness I have an identical twin brother so I get mistaken for him at least 10 times a day, not exaggerating it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.