Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy today I found out that my English mock results were printed wrong and instead of getting 6s for both, I got a 7 in Language and 8 in Literature! I'm really pleased especially as I thought I flopped language.

How were your results?.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's good, I got 6 in language and 7 in literature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethany47341)
    Wow that's good, I got 6 in language and 7 in literature

Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Did you teachers say anything about the grade boundaries especially for the language paper 1?
    Like how many marks would you need to get a grade 8 or 9? Because I was told I was one mark off a 9 in language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepearl7)
    Did you teachers say anything about the grade boundaries especially for the language paper 1?
    Like how many marks would you need to get a grade 8 or 9? Because I was told I was one mark off a 9 in language
    75/80 was the grade given to us for a 9 in language paper 1.
    I achieved around ~65 I believe, what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Thomas)
    75/80 was the grade given to us for a 9 in language paper 1.
    I achieved around ~65 I believe, what did you get?

Oh then the grade boundary for my school was 74/80 to get a grade 9 and I got 73.

ReputationRep:
    I got 71/80 in English Language paper 2 and my teacher said this was an 8.

ReputationRep:
    I do however think the discussion on here about grade boundaries isn't really going to get us anywhere because nobody will know the actual grade boundaries until we've sat our exams. I think the best thing to do is try to exclude grades and grade boundaries from your mocks and focus on constant improvement of the mark out of 80, because ultimately a higher mark out of 80 will be a higher grade, whatever way you look at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e2014)
    I do however think the discussion on here about grade boundaries isn't really going to get us anywhere because nobody will know the actual grade boundaries until we've sat our exams. I think the best thing to do is try to exclude grades and grade boundaries from your mocks and focus on constant improvement of the mark out of 80, because ultimately a higher mark out of 80 will be a higher grade, whatever way you look at it.
    yeah true. How was you English lit results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepearl7)
    yeah true. How was you English lit results?
    We haven't really done a full English lit mock so I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    I got a 6 in both papers and I'm predicted an 8(wake up call for me) REMEMBER KIDS DONT LEAVE YOUR GCSE TILL THE LAST MINUTE!!

ReputationRep:
    My school had 78/80 as the grade boundary for a 9; needless to say, there were many dissatisfied students when the results were handed out. Also, the people in my class seemed to have done better in the Literature papers than the Language ones; was that the same for everyone else?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.