Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I have applied to do business and finance at HW and international business and finance at Dundee. I was curious if either uni has a better reputation for the course I'm looking to do and what the overall feel of the campuses are like! I have heard back from HW but still waiting on Dundee to reply. Also I have looked at the uk rankings for these courses and they seem to be on par? Any advice would be helpful! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    there are applicant days you can go to and see the campuses and speak to lecturers, this might help you make a decision as it is much more tailored to the courses than the Open Days will have been.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it's a good idea to go with the course that you like better. Heriot-Watt outline each of their business courses really clearly on their website, which is good for gaining insight as to what the specific course will actually involve. I'm not sure how detailed the Dundee website is, as I haven't applied there, but if they do the same just look at their courses and see which one grabs your interest more. What is your situation relating to offers from each of these Unis?

ReputationRep:
    I have looked at both of their courses and I'm still stuck haha! I have read that heriot watt is better for business than Dundee and I know a few people at heriot watt and they seem to love it so I'm more leaning to HW, also heriot watt have their go global scheme which looks really good. I have had an offer from heriot watt but I'm still waiting to hear back from Dundee!
    Have you applied to a business course at heriot watt too?

(Original post by hendo315)
    Sometimes it's a good idea to go with the course that you like better. Heriot-Watt outline each of their business courses really clearly on their website, which is good for gaining insight as to what the specific course will actually involve. I'm not sure how detailed the Dundee website is, as I haven't applied there, but if they do the same just look at their courses and see which one grabs your interest more. What is your situation relating to offers from each of these Unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthaa15)
    I have looked at both of their courses and I'm still stuck haha! I have read that heriot watt is better for business than Dundee and I know a few people at heriot watt and they seem to love it so I'm more leaning to HW, also heriot watt have their go global scheme which looks really good. I have had an offer from heriot watt but I'm still waiting to hear back from Dundee!
    Have you applied to a business course at heriot watt too?
    Personally I would say Heriot-Watt too. When I first considered which five universities to apply for, Dundee didn't even make my top 5. But if you like the place specifically or have heard good things about it then I can see why you'd consider it. The 'Go Global' scheme at Heriot-Watt has definitely been a huge incentive for me to apply there. As I want to study International Business Management, I think it would be great to get to study abroad (not that the Edinburgh campus doesn't seem great too to be honest!)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Dundee's reputation for business is at the bottom of my 5 choices but when I went to the open day I really liked the city, people and campus! Also the course looked good but not as good at heriot watts.
    Same with me, it looks like an amazing experience as well as something great to have behind you!
    Personally I would say Heriot-Watt too. When I first considered which five universities to apply for, Dundee didn't even make my top 5. But if you like the place specifically or have heard good things about it then I can see why you'd consider it. The 'Go Global' scheme at Heriot-Watt has definitely been a huge incentive for me to apply there. As I want to study International Business Management, I think it would be great to get to study abroad (not that the Edinburgh campus doesn't seem great too to be honest!)

ReputationRep:
    What were your other three choices and do you have offers from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    University of Aberdeen, University of Stirling and Strathclyde! Sadly I haven't heard back, which is also kinda stressing me out haha. How about you?
    What were your other three choices and do you have offers from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    University of Aberdeen, University of Stirling and Strathclyde! Sadly I haven't heard back, which is also kinda stressing me out haha. How about you?

University of Stirling, University of Edinburgh, Strathclyde & Edinburgh Napier. I've received unconditionals from them all which was a bit of a surprise 😬 I wouldn't stress out too much over it, I'm sure you'll get offers! I sent my application on 22nd November and had received all my offers by 20th December - I guess I just sent mine off before the crowd and maybe that sped things up a bit. When did you send yours?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, that's very impressive!
    I'm doing a HNC in business this year so I think I'll only get conditionals because i didn't do a higher in business!
    I sent mines off in December, but I haven't heard of many conditional offers amoungst my friends yet so here's hoping! Herio***** is one of my top choices though so I'm pretty happy already, I would just like to hear back from the rest!
    Where is your first choice?
    University of Stirling, University of Edinburgh, Strathclyde & Edinburgh Napier. I've received unconditionals from them all which was a bit of a surprise 😬 I wouldn't stress out too much over it, I'm sure you'll get offers! I sent my application on 22nd November and had received all my offers by 20th December - I guess I just sent mine off before the crowd and maybe that sped things up a bit. When did you send yours?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, that's very impressive!
    I'm doing a HNC in business this year so I think I'll only get conditionals because i didn't do a higher in business!
    I sent mines off in December, but I haven't heard of many conditional offers amoungst my friends yet so here's hoping! Herio***** is one of my top choices though so I'm pretty happy already, I would just like to hear back from the rest!
    Where is your first choice?
    I think my first choice is actually Heriot-Watt. Strathclyde is by far more reputable for Business, but I didn't like the university at all when I visited. I just don't see the point in going somewhere I'm not going to enjoy for four years of my life, so I think I'll go with Heriot-Watt because I was thoroughly impressed at the Open Day. Also, at the end of the day, the same degree is worth the same no matter where you study, so I may as well go somewhere I enjoy. Which means that if you really liked Dundee for example, you should go for it too!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's very true!
    Well you never know I might see you there haha.
    I think my first choice is actually Heriot-Watt. Strathclyde is by far more reputable for Business, but I didn't like the university at all when I visited. I just don't see the point in going somewhere I'm not going to enjoy for four years of my life, so I think I'll go with Heriot-Watt because I was thoroughly impressed at the Open Day. Also, at the end of the day, the same degree is worth the same no matter where you study, so I may as well go somewhere I enjoy. Which means that if you really liked Dundee for example, you should go for it too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.