Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will Unattractive women ever stop hating on hot ones? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminder1994)
    This isn't about me, Im the opposite of peng myself :rofl::ahee:

But even the older women I know (in their 30s 40s and 50s!) who are overweight, less pretty etc. are so *****y whenever they see an attractive girl, more so if it's younger. If they can bully her they will. Quite a few of my friends who are genuinely stunning and working part time jobs get picked on by the older or less attractive women there. I've seen it with my own eyes :nope:

I know this thread is non PC but its true
    I find that women are more savage to each other than guys are with other guys.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have this idea in your head and are fitting situations you see into it. For example older women tend to be in higher positions so there is going to be lots of older people bossing younger people about. There bossy nature could be down to many factors their personality/home life etc, not just because the are jelous everytime. Personally I work in nursing and find the older nurses tend to be nicer but there are lots of young nurses where power has gone to their heads and the older nurse assistants feel bullied.

You get lots of older male builders shouting at/bossing their young apprentice lads about, making fun of them and pranking them. Does this mean these older men are jelous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigofox)
    I think you have this idea in your head and are fitting situations you see into it. For example older women tend to be in higher positions so there is going to be lots of older people bossing younger people about. There bossy nature could be down to many factors their personality/home life etc, not just because the are jelous everytime. Personally I work in nursing and find the older nurses tend to be nicer but there are lots of young nurses where power has gone to their heads and the older nurse assistants feel bullied.

You get lots of older male builders shouting at/bossing their young apprentice lads about, making fun of them and pranking them. Does this mean these older men are jelous?
    I think that fact your work in a hospital makes your experience very different. Nursing is not seen as a competive profession. There is no need to one-up eachother. And you all have the common goal to care for or heal your patients. There is not really the time or place for bullying or jealousy. And generally, nursing draws people who are caring and empathetic, and not the sorts who are likely to harass others.

It's an entirely different story in the professional or corporate world where status, money and ego are the Holy Trinity. Attractive and younger women may be perceived as threatening by some older women, even if the older woman is in a higher position. They can feel uncomfortable with the idea of a young fresh face waltzing in and taking their position one day.

Certainly in the legal profession which I am involved in, a young and pretty female can evoke a lot of jealousy from other female colleagues. I've even had one very eminent and successful female lawyer warn me of catty and jealous females whilst she was giving career advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminder1994)
    Thanks. Just to clarify Im not the pretty one, Im a fat Goth girl :ahee: but I've work a lot of jobs in fashion retail, food etc. and I notice this going on often against my colleagues many of whom are my friends. Especially in mostly female environments. Sometimes the bullies even try to get me on "their side" because I don't threaten them being like 100 stone and all.

How do I support my friends in this? Tell them to go to HR? Im seeing some nasty **** go down
    It really depends where they work. If there is a HR department then yes your friend should approach them with that issue. They should specifically cite what malicious things have been said or actions have been carried out against them. It really should not be tolerated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    I think that fact your work in a hospital makes your experience very different. I don't see nursing as a competive profession. There is no need to one-up eachother. Especially in the corporate world, attractive and younger women can be threatening towards older women, even if the older woman is in a higher position. They can feel uncomfortable with the idea of a young fresh face waltzing in and taking their position one day.
    Plenty people want to compete for higher positions in nursing its higher pay. Couldnt you say the same for men, a fresh looking young lad walks in with qualifications and the older men feel threatened he will take their place? Career competitiveness tends to be more a male thing if anything even today they tend to be the main providers for families.

In the typical workforce if the younger person has qualifications/experience that the older person doesnt have i can see why it would be a threat (unless an employer promotes based on looks lol) but generally the older the person the more experience. Of course all the younger faces will take the position of older employees one day that goes for everyone.

About your comment that in the nursing world people tend to be caring to collegues, I so wish that was true ha. Ask lots of people in nursing and they will tell you its one of the *****iest professions (its full of females ) Now you do get some teams which consist of a pleasant and friendly environment (very caring people who work well together) but there are others where cliques have formed and every lunchtime involves *****ing about collegues and managers.

ReputationRep:
    When are women going to start supporting each other, there's enough **** we have to face without females turning against their own

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.