Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you have an injury that prevents you from manually doing much (arm related), can you still go on placement? I can still observe etc just not physically help with anything that requires me to use my right arm

ReputationRep:
    Nursing placement to be precise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sizzzla112)
    If you have an injury that prevents you from manually doing much (arm related), can you still go on placement? I can still observe etc just not physically help with anything that requires me to use my right arm
    Have you seen occupational health?
    Your placement you're expected to be involved in nursing tasks as well as observations.
    If occupational health deem you as fit for your placement area then it may not be an issue.
    Could depend on where you will be.
    And for the safety of the patients and your colleagues etc too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    Have you seen occupational health?
    Your placement you're expected to be involved in nursing tasks as well as observations.
    If occupational health deem you as fit for your placement area then it may not be an issue.
    Could depend on where you will be.
    And for the safety of the patients and your colleagues etc too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    this is the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    Placements tend to be very hands on, so probably not. If it is for just one placement then you might be able to switch the placements around so that you get allocated to a mental health for that period, but that's not very likely as a lot of planning goes into finding placements.

ReputationRep:
    As the others have said, you are expected to be hands-on with patients, this means moving and turning, patslides, washing and bathing etc.

Definitely speak to your education champion and occupational health to discuss. If it's a long-term injury they should be able to help you get around it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.