Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The term "Islamophobia" Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by epoddoulc)
    You still don't understand, do you?
    Mohammad is the perfect role model for all muslims, regardless of what time frame it is. This means that all Muslims should aspire to marry 6 year olds.

Are you saying that it's wrong to marry 6 year olds? If yes, then that means muhammad was wrong.

By implying the Quran can reform, you are committing a haram sin because you are creating new rules to suit your way of life.

Your allah specifically said the quran is the last book, this means the quran will never reform.

You are a fake muslim because you are trying to change the quran rules.
    Actually you are confused amd ignorant. It does not mean all muslims should aspire to marry six year olds She was 9 or 10 when she was betrothed and he married her at puberty 14 or 15.

Many girls were married off in older times before they were 15.

Here are some additional ones from wiki
    [*]Margaret Beaufort, (age approximately 7) was married to John de la Pole (age 7) in 1450 by the arrangement John's father.[5] The marriage was annulled in 1453.[6]

[*]Joan of France, Duchess of Berry, betrothed in a wedding contract at age 8 days old, she was officially married at age 12 in 1476.[7]

[*]Anne de Mowbray, 8th Countess of Norfolk (age 6) was married to Richard of Shrewsbury, 1st Duke of York (age 4) in 1477. She died at age 10 and he, as one of the Princes in the Tower is believed to have been murdered at age 10.[8]

[*]Rukhmabai was married in India to her husband when she was 11 and he was 19.[9] After a lengthy court battle, the marriage was dissolved by an order from Queen Victoria and the publicity helped influence the passage of the Age of Consent Act, 1891 which outlawed child marriages across the British Empire.[contradictory][10]

[*]Janakiammal Iyengar was married at the age of 10 years to the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.[11]

[*]Nujood Ali, an arranged marriage by her father to a 30-year-old man at age 10[12] in 2008.[13] Coverage of her self-presented application for divorce later that year led to the legal age of marriage in Yemen to be raised to 18.[14]

ReputationRep:
    Christians/Hindus/Sikhs Do not implement Sharia patrols nor do they groom young girls.
    I agree that the Muslims that do that should be sent back or worse.

What about those that don't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    Did he not marry several women? Does that mean all Muslim men should aim to marry exactly the same number of women to at exactly the same age and corresponding ages of those women? Should they also write on parchment and send messengers to people instead of writing emails?

My role model is Mahatma Ghandi but I don't aspire to marry at 13 years old like he did, nor do I plan to liberate a country.

Just because he married a 6 year old means it must be implemented in the current law? Airplanes, telephones and laptops should also be banned according to this brilliant logic.

So technically, almost all Muslim countries do not operate under a real Sharia law?
    Trying to explain logic to a Muslim is like speaking to a brick wall.

Do you believe Mohamhead is the perfect man? Islam teaches that Mohamhead was the perfect man. If you are muslim, you must agree that mohamhead was the perfect man.

Mohamhead married a 6 year old. A perfect man wouldn't marry a 6 year old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Actually you are confused amd ignorant. It does not mean all muslims should aspire to marry six year olds She was 9 or 10 when she was betrothed and he married her at puberty 14 or 15.

Many girls were married off in older times before they were 15.

Here are some additional ones from wiki
    [*]Margaret Beaufort, (age approximately 7) was married to John de la Pole (age 7) in 1450 by the arrangement John's father.[5] The marriage was annulled in 1453.[6]

[*]Joan of France, Duchess of Berry, betrothed in a wedding contract at age 8 days old, she was officially married at age 12 in 1476.[7]

[*]Anne de Mowbray, 8th Countess of Norfolk (age 6) was married to Richard of Shrewsbury, 1st Duke of York (age 4) in 1477. She died at age 10 and he, as one of the Princes in the Tower is believed to have been murdered at age 10.[8]

[*]Rukhmabai was married in India to her husband when she was 11 and he was 19.[9] After a lengthy court battle, the marriage was dissolved by an order from Queen Victoria and the publicity helped influence the passage of the Age of Consent Act, 1891 which outlawed child marriages across the British Empire.[contradictory][10]

[*]Janakiammal Iyengar was married at the age of 10 years to the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.[11]

[*]Nujood Ali, an arranged marriage by her father to a 30-year-old man at age 10[12] in 2008.[13] Coverage of her self-presented application for divorce later that year led to the legal age of marriage in Yemen to be raised to 18.[14]
    Zakir Naik knows more about Islam than you ever will. He has confirmed that Muhamhead married aisha when she was 6 years old : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6mfM3_02U

ReputationRep:
    yes thanks and the definition in the dictionary as you point out yourself means a phobia can be an extreme fear and there is no requirement that it has to be irrational. Notice where it says OR?

There is also no point using the definition for phobia when there is an actual definition for islamophobia in the Oxford dictionary.

phobia ˈfəʊbɪə/ noun noun: phobia; plural nounhobias

an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

Notice the OR?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/phobia

Islamophobia noun [mass noun]
    Dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/de...n/islamophobia
    Ok, so are you going to completely ignore the word irrational then? Well it doesn't matter because prejudice towards Islam, makes complete moral sense. Most humane people would say supporting Islam is ****ed up. All you have to do is read the Qur'an, simple as.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to explain logic to a Muslim is like speaking to a brick wall.
    Making the assumptions that only Muslims can defend other Muslims? :rolleyes:

Do you believe Mohamhead is the perfect man? Islam teaches that Mohamhead was the perfect man. If you are muslim, you must agree that mohamhead was the perfect man.

Mohamhead married a 6 year old. A perfect man wouldn't marry a 6 year old.
    Mate. He might not be the perfect man. But even if he was, why must you implement a law telling others they must marry at the age of 6?

I'm debating what Islamic Law says. It does not say to marry girls at 6.

Apparently you were speaking logic.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just want to say yeh I get where you are coming from. I for one was born in to Islam, but was never close with it. However, I do disagree with you, many people forget that there are different types of Muslims. Where you got this quote from is from the Extreme side. This side is he people you see killing innocents every day. But our prophet Mohamed(peace and blessings of allah be upon him) was a muslim. Just Muslim, no this side, that side. Yet along the way people modified the Qur'an and added violence, to how they want it.That is the Islam you see protrayed on Tv.

All these people that say educate yourself first, are right though. Even though I was born into a muslim family we weren't that religous, until I was left confused about my own religon because of what the media was telling me. So I researched do for true hadiths and the ACTUAL Qur'an.

You know what it says, it is written that killing one life is like killing the whole of human kind and that it is not our job to say your going to hell, because youre doing this and that, no. That is for god to deal with, and no I dont mean punishment. Because what sets Islam apart from others is that God never wants the worst for you, and that where ever you are from, no matter what you have done, there is a place in Islam for you.

its ok if you dont believe me, im scared of THOSE muslims too, but I know the truth, and I beg for to find the truth within the lies for yourself. An easy way of this is to go on YouTube and type In:
    ,Nourman Ali Khan
    Mohamed Hoblos
    Mufti Menk
    I cannot change your mind I know, all I ask is to find out the truth for yourself, and not let the media trick you. Thank you for reading.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that the Muslims that do that should be sent back or worse.

What about those that don't?
    That's the thing.. I don't class moderate Muslims as muslims. Muslims born in this country have more in common with Western values than Islamic values. The islamic youth of today (UK) rarely cause problems because MOST couldn't care less about Islam.

Yes the muslim youth will attend a single prayer on Friday (Jumaa) but that's the most they will do regarding islam. Most muslim youth were brainwashed by their muslim parents. Go to your local mosque and observe how many youths turn up for prayer.

I wish they would wake up and leave islam, I wish one day they will realise true freedom outside islam.
    • Very Important Poster

I don't mind muslims killing muslims, I do mind muslims living in Western countries.
    Secular people should live in Secular countries.
    Muslim people shouuld live in sharia countries.
    So basically you hate all muslims that live here? What about the ones who are UK citizens? Dont they have a right to live here just as much as you do? Do you wnat to deport them as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaika)
    Hi, I just want to say yeh I get where you are coming from. I for one was born in to Islam, but was never close with it. However, I do disagree with you, many people forget that there are different types of Muslims. Where you got this quote from is from the Extreme side. This side is he people you see killing innocents every day. But our prophet Mohamed(peace and blessings of allah be upon him) was a muslim. Just Muslim, no this side, that side. Yet along the way people modified the Qur'an and added violence, to how they want it.That is the Islam you see protrayed on Tv.

All these people that say educate yourself first, are right though. Even though I was born into a muslim family we weren't that religous, until I was left confused about my own religon because of what the media was telling me. So I researched do for true hadiths and the ACTUAL Qur'an.

You know what it says, it is written that killing one life is like killing the whole of human kind and that it is not our job to say your going to hell, because youre doing this and that, no. That is for god to deal with, and no I dont mean punishment. Because what sets Islam apart from others is that God never wants the worst for you, and that where ever you are from, no matter what you have done, there is a place in Islam for you.

its ok if you dont believe me, im scared of THOSE muslims too, but I know the truth, and I beg for to find the truth within the lies for yourself. An easy way of this is to go on YouTube and type In:
    ,Nourman Ali Khan
    Mohamed Hoblos
    Mufti Menk
    I cannot change your mind I know, all I ask is to find out the truth for yourself, and not let the media trick you. Thank you for reading.
    My problem is with Islam not all "Muslims".

My definition of Muslim is someone who follows the laws of the Quran.

The Quran is the most violent book I've ever read, I will never "change my mind" about Islam. There's nothing you can ever say to convince me that it's normal for a 54 year old man to marry and have sex with a 9 year old.

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing.. I don't class moderate Muslims as muslims. Muslims born in this country have more in common with Western values than Islamic values. The islamic youth of today (UK) rarely cause problems because MOST couldn't care less about Islam.

Yes the muslim youth will attend a single prayer on Friday (Jumaa) but that's the most they will do regarding islam. Most muslim youth were brainwashed by their muslim parents. Go to your local mosque and observe how many youths turn up for prayer.

I wish they would wake up and leave islam, I wish one day they will realise true freedom outside islam.
    What about those who always pray but don't want Sharia and don't groom girls etc.

They do exist and I'm friends with several.

ReputationRep:
    sorry for any typos.

ReputationRep:
    So basically you hate all muslims that live here? What about the ones who are UK citizens? Dont they have a right to live here just as much as you do? Do you wnat to deport them as well?
    The asian youth of Britain today couldn't care less about Islam. If I picked a random page in the Quran, how many "muslim" youths of Britian would be able to translate it in to English?

Less than 5%.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Psychedeliyaa)
    Ok, so are you going to completely ignore the word irrational then? Well it doesn't matter because prejudice towards Islam, makes complete moral sense. Most humane people would say supporting Islam is ****ed up. All you have to do is read the Qur'an, simple as.
    No because they are alternatives and you chose to ignore the fact by applying a false and incomplete definition to suit your explanation.

Furthermore there is an actual definition for islamophobia, which I posted. It isnt about whether it makes sense or not, simply pointing out that your demail of the fact it exists is patently wrong.

ReputationRep:
    What about those who always pray but don't want Sharia and don't groom girls etc.

They do exist and I'm friends with several.
    In my eyes, they are not Muslim. They are humans. Their parents are the real muslims who can not integrate into western societies.

Those who pray but don't follow sharia law are not Muslim. You either follow every law of the Quran or you don't; there is no in between.

Christians are the same. Their bible tells them to not eat pork, but most will do it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Duh. Now you made this thread because why?

ReputationRep:
    In my eyes, they are not Muslim. They are humans. Their parents are the real muslims who can not integrate into western societies.
    You do realise (or don't realise as the case seems) that the younger generations esp in the UK tend to be far more religious, stricter and follow closer than a lot of their parents or first gen UK muslims.
    So your argument falls flat right there!
    • Very Important Poster

The asian youth of Britain today couldn't care less about Islam. If I picked a random page in the Quran, how many "muslim" youths of Britian would be able to translate it in to English?

Less than 5%.
    You make a claim- its proven to be untrue, then you make another claim and thats proven to be incorrect- etc. You are going to have a tough time at Uni.

Have you canvassed the opinion of all asians? You do realise there will be a complete spread and that not everyone thinks the same?

Btw if you study history, then I think you will find rather a lot of deaths have been committed in the name of religion and they wouldn't number in the millions. I doubt aetheists get off much better.

Btw what does your avatar say? Whats the quote?

ReputationRep:

Those who pray but don't follow sharia law are not Muslim. You either follow every law of the Quran or you don't; there is no in between.
    Dude, as long as you don't hate them or anything I'm sure they can equally deal with that.

Christians are the same. Their bible tells them to not eat pork, but most will do it anyway.
    But that's in the old testament.

I'm just starting to think you don't know much about religion...
    • Very Important Poster

Does that mean in your eyes muslims are not human?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.