Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to the university of Greenwich for children's nursing degree, and just received an offer for childhood and youth studies. I didn't quite reach the entry requirements for children's, I got 1 grade lower than the entry requirement for A-Level. They asked me to send them scanned pictures of my certificates which I sent 2 days ago, which got my hopes up, then when I first saw the message I got really excited told my mum, she put it on Facebook for everyone to see then I had to make her take it down when I saw it was for a completely different course. I'm going to phone them up tomorrow but I'm worrying now and need to know, has anybody else been in this situation or know what's going on. I'm hoping it's a mistake and they meant to accept me for the nursing but I very much doubt that's the case
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kbristo)
    I applied to the university of Greenwich for children's nursing degree, and just received an offer for childhood and youth studies. I didn't quite reach the entry requirements for children's, I got 1 grade lower than the entry requirement for A-Level. They asked me to send them scanned pictures of my certificates which I sent 2 days ago, which got my hopes up, then when I first saw the message I got really excited told my mum, she put it on Facebook for everyone to see then I had to make her take it down when I saw it was for a completely different course. I'm going to phone them up tomorrow but I'm worrying now and need to know, has anybody else been in this situation or know what's going on. I'm hoping it's a mistake and they meant to accept me for the nursing but I very much doubt that's the case
    It's fairly normal for universities to make offers for an alternate course instead of a straight rejection.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kbristo)
    Universities usually do this. They will either offer you another course or as PQ said they would reject you.

ReputationRep:
    They often give an offer for a similar course if you don't meet the other course requirements but they still want you.

That is most likely what happened with you too considering you said you didn't quite have the grades.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.