Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Had A REALLY BAD daaay, make me laugh?? :( Watch

• Political Ambassador

So I almost failed Physics, I experienced hard drive failure and lost EVERY SINGLE FILE on my laptop because the hard drive is too physically damaged to recover anything at all. And no I don't have any ****ing backups. And I also spent 6 hours doing the most annoying Maths exercises....and now I have the worst headache.

Oh and didn't get any sleep at all last night because of Physics + protests.

I had to get it out, almost cried like a baby today.

Pls share something funny with me or even your worst days or whatever. Maybe you want someone to feel your pain, let's suffer together. :cry2:

For the first time in a long time, I finally had the balls to go up to a girl I've liked for a while and ask her out for dinner.

Got rejected.

On to the next one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    So I almost failed Physics, I experienced hard drive failure and lost EVERY SINGLE FILE on my laptop because the hard drive is too physically damaged to recover anything at all. And no I don't have any ****ing backups. And I also spent 6 hours doing the most annoying Maths exercises....and now I have the worst headache.

Pls share something funny with me or even your worst days or whatever. Maybe you want someone to feel your pain, let's suffer together. :cry2:
    While walking to school yesterday I stood in a big puddle, got my socks wet :'c
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by EC)

:hugs::console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)

I had to get it out, almost cried like a baby today. Pls share something funny with me or even your worst days or whatever. Maybe you want someone to feel your pain, let's suffer together. :cry2:
    I failed an exam the other day. I couldn't complete a single question. My answer sheet was mostly blank. I've been told I can't progress onto my chosen masters degree and I'm going to be having a meeting with my tutor soon. I have a huge mountain to climb; 2 more exams, a 10,000 word dissertation to write on a seemingly impossible topic. This degree was the gateway to what I really wanted to study in life; so being told I can't progress onto the masters hit me really hard and has now forced me to re-evaluate my life and think about what I want to do. I most certainly can't get onto graduate programs/jobs in my field, or other related fields because now I'm going to struggle to get a good mark overall.

I got drunk for 3 days straight.

But there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

A year from now, you'll probably look back on the dark times and think "what was the fuss all over". Life is a mystery and the path we take is not always the most linear one. Embrace every failure and focus on things you have control over.

PS alcohol soothes the soul :sexface:
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Anonymous)
    For the first time in a long time, I finally had the balls to go up to a girl I've liked for a while and ask her out for dinner.

Got rejected.

On to the next one!
    Oh my, you're my hero thx for posting this

I'll take you out to dinner ok? WE BOTH DESERVE IT.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't slept much this week either! Literally slept for like an hour last night. Odd combination today, decided to see if I can get buzzing off my tits on caffeine, I've got nervous jitters but I'm still tired AF yet can't seem to nap :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by hezzlington)
    I failed an exam the other day. I couldn't complete a single question. My answer sheet was mostly blank. I've been told I can't progress onto my chosen masters degree and I'm going to be having a meeting with my tutor soon. I have a huge mountain to climb; 2 more exams, a 10,000 word dissertation to write on a seemingly impossible topic. This degree was the gateway to what I really wanted to study in life; so being told I can't progress onto the masters hit me really hard and has now forced me to re-evaluate my life and think about what I want to do. I most certainly can't get onto graduate programs/jobs in my field, or other related fields because now I'm going to struggle to get a good mark overall.

I got drunk for 3 days straight.

But there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

A year from now, you'll probably look back on the dark times and think "what was the fuss all over". Life is a mystery and the path we take is not always the most linear one. Embrace every failure and focus on things you have control over.

PS alcohol soothes the soul :sexface:
    I swear you're making me cryyyy I can't believe you've opened up about this. :cry::cry:

Listen to me ok, many great and distinguished people have used their failures as a stepping stone to success. You have to overcome this and focus on your next exams and dissertation which is the most important. And don't let anyone underestimate you, we all make mistakes, you'll just need fixed time and schedule for studying, you're already clever enough.

I know this failed exam will just help your learning process and you'll find growth in failure. Our weaknesses sometimes lead us to our strengths. :hugs:

And yeah alcohol helps I'll drink to that tomorrow. Lmfao. Thank you so much, I couldn't ask for more, you're amazing. :love:
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Dafock)
    While walking to school yesterday I stood in a big puddle, got my socks wet :'c
    I read poodle instead of puddle...:rofl: your poor socks........

ReputationRep:
    I have to do a group project to create a video game on my own because I'm too anti social with the year group I'm currently in and don't have a group lmao.

Majority of my friends have already graduated. Used to hang out with the people in the years above because I got on with them better.

Got a mountain of work to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I swear you're making me cryyyy I can't believe you've opened up about this. :cry::cry:

Listen to me ok, many great and distinguished people have used their failures as a stepping stone to success. You have to overcome this and focus on your next exams and dissertation which is the most important. And don't let anyone underestimate you, we all make mistakes, you'll just need fixed time and schedule for studying, you're already clever enough.

I know this failed exam will just help your learning process and you'll find growth in failure. Our weaknesses sometimes lead us to our strengths. :hugs:

And yeah alcohol helps I'll drink to that tomorrow. Lmfao. Thank you so much, I couldn't ask for more, you're amazing. :love:
    bloody hell, I dont think anyone died....
    • Political Ambassador

Your socks did tho.

ReputationRep:
    but we know where he wants to be buried.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Haven't slept much this week either! Literally slept for like an hour last night. Odd combination today, decided to see if I can get buzzing off my tits on caffeine, I've got nervous jitters but I'm still tired AF yet can't seem to nap :rofl:
    Yeah, this week was one of the worst weeks for my sleeping schedule. I really ****ed it up. And I'm always really tired, but can't sleep IDK HOW THAT WORKS. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Your socks did tho.
    true that, I will always remember those yellow dotted purple socks. RIP 2017-2017
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Cambio S.O.S

I need you rn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Oh yes :sexface:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    EC :jumphug: - you know how much I admire your intelligence + ability to be rational at all times. :love: So I don't think I need to repeat myself. :rofl:

You're amazing, and things get better. It's just how life works. I have had several ups and downs, and my lowest moments have always led to my highest moments. :yep:

Not sure on the making you laugh bit because I don't have a selection of knock knock jokes to choose from XD but here are some bunnies standing up :gah::

Spoiler:
    Show

• Very Important Poster

(Original post by EC)

How do you know the HDD is physically damaged? has it stopped spinning up? I assume youve gone and take it to someone who knows pc's?

Have a bath and eat something nice after.

This always makes me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    :banana2:My dance moves will cheer everyone up

Spoiler:
    Show

:bl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.