Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would it be weird to stay in touch with previous teachers after graduation? Watch

I'm going to graduate sixth form this June and there are some teachers whom I've grown really close to, so much so that they are almost like my friends. They have been so helpful to me for the past 2 years, and I just don't like the idea of breaking such a strong bond that we have created over the years. I would really like to see them as friends, rather than my old teachers in the future. Is this wrong?

Also, how would i go about asking them for their personal email/social media?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm going to graduate sixth form this June and there are some teachers whom I've grown really close to, so much so that they are almost like my friends. They have been so helpful to me for the past 2 years, and I just don't like the idea of breaking such a strong bond that we have created over the years. I would really like to see them as friends, rather than my old teachers in the future. Is this wrong?

Also, how would i go about asking them for their personal email/social media?
    My 6th Chemistry teacher was in a whatsapp group with some students, I didn't have a phone at the time so I'm not sure how it came about.

I still pop in to school from time to time and visit the Ones who haven't transferred school, it's nice. Could share your email with them and say it would be nice to hear from them once in a while.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.