Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to pursue medicine at University and my GCSEs are as follows:

A*- maths, english language & religious studies
    A- biology, chemistry, physics & geography
    B- french & ICT
    c- english literature

Also, what universes do not look at GCSEs as much, and which ones should I make sure I do not apply to.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial doesn't look at gcse; they are very bmat-heavy uni- like very harsh on bmat; you need to meet the cut-off for every section.

From what I've heard:
    Bristol seems to put 70% weight on ps, queen mary puts 50:50 weight on ukcat and ucas point, Cambridge takes a 'holistic' approach to ur application so if your gcse is not good then other parts of your applications has to be brilliant (+ correct me if im wrong but Cambridge does seem to interview lots of the applicants so interview is the most important).

Unis you should deffo avoid:
    oxford, Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester (not sure as they are ukcat-heavy), UCL (tho app they also take a holistic approach).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 22, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.