Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have applied for the Automotive JLR apprenticeship and passed the online tests, and the last E-mail I received was:

"Thank you for completing the online test recently. We are pleased to tell you you passed this test.

We will now decide whether to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process, which is attendance at an assessment centre. The decision is based on a combination of your score on this test, the Situational Judgement Test you took previously and your UCAS points, in comparison with those of your fellow candidates.

As we have a large number of applications to process, may we ask again for your patience. Your application is important to us and we appreciate the time and effort you have already spent on it.

Most of the assessment centre sessions will be held between late January and May. If we invite you to attend, we will try to give you at least two weeks notice."

I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from them and been invited to the assessment centre yet?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm at the same point, haven't had anything since that email which was about 2/3 months ago... I've heard a few people have started getting emails about going to the assessment day but someone said they do it in stages depending on where you applied to but not sure if that's true

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, okay, it's a relief to know there's other people at the same point as me haha, thank you

Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same for me, was getting worried that I still hadn't heard anything since... just wondering, which area and apprenticeship did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to the automotive advanced one in the West Midlands, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, yeah I applied to the Young women in the know scheme which is basically the automotive advanced apprenticeship too, and applied to Wolverhampton

Stressing me out that we haven't heard anything yet but someone else I've spoken to who's applied for the degree apprenticeship just told me that he read somewhere that they try to do the degree apprenticeship applicants first as the requirements are higher and then that way they could potentially apply to the advanced one if they don't get a space on the degree one

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I suppose that makes sense, it's made me worry a little B less now at least haha
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I just applied to the advanced apprenticeship, where you need to upload your CV and answer a few basic questions. Having submitted that, the status of my application is automatically at unsuccessful, does anyone know why it could be like this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.