Allie1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm really worried about the new GCSEs for maths and english this year especially as they are really hard. In particular in maths, 50% of the higher paper is A/A* and it's really difficult, I really hope the exam board won't be so cruel!
Coruscion
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Allie1234)
I'm really worried about the new GCSEs for maths and english this year especially as they are really hard. In particular in maths, 50% of the higher paper is A/A* and it's really difficult, I really hope the exam board won't be so cruel!
Mmm... let's just hope you don't have Edexcel. They are the cruelest when it comes to Math papers! Don't get me started with Hannah's goddamn sweets... aha

Edit: Also, grade boundaries will most likely be as low as they've ever been because of the unfamiliarity of the course.
Allie1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Coruscion)
Mmm... let's just hope you don't have Edexcel. They are the cruelest when it comes to Math papers! Don't get me started with Hannah's goddamn sweets... aha

Edit: Also, grade boundaries will most likely be as low as they've ever been because of the unfamiliarity of the course.
Sadly I do have Edexcel for maths 😭
geek567
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sadly I do have Edexcel for maths 😭
i also do edexcel and i am no where near getting what i want. Also since it is a new spec there are not many resources and i personally find it pointless doing the old spec paper since they are no where near as hard as the newspec. (Although i am saying it is pointless doing old spec papers i still do them and i advise you to do the same)
Also i am alway a cople of mark of a grade 5 which is soo cruel.
Allie1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by geek567)
i also do edexcel and i am no where near getting what i want. Also since it is a new spec there are not many resources and i personally find it pointless doing the old spec paper since they are no where near as hard as the newspec. (Although i am saying it is pointless doing old spec papers i still do them and i advise you to do the same)
Also i am alway a cople of mark of a grade 5 which is soo cruel.
There are only a few specimen papers and it doesn't help at all! To be honest the new system is just stupid!
thevamps99xo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm still retaking my GCSE in Maths on the old spec, on Edexcel. Good luck guys it's quite hard and no matter how much I revise and do past papers I can't get a C.

Posted from TSR Mobile
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are only a few specimen papers and it doesn't help at all! To be honest the new system is just stupid!
There are 6 full sets of practice papers (so 18 papers) for the 9-1 gcse from edexcel.
GraceTheTortoise
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
There are 6 full sets of practice papers (so 18 papers) for the 9-1 gcse from edexcel.
Hi, would you mind telling me where these are? I have scoured the internet and I can only seem to find 2 sets.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GraceTheTortoise)
Hi, would you mind telling me where these are? I have scoured the internet and I can only seem to find 2 sets.
Your maths teacher has access to them. Ask them about their plans for using them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.21%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.17%
I don't think they'd understand (29)
16.38%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.98%
There's nothing they could do (50)
28.25%

Watched Threads