Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do I like being/getting chubby? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm 23 and a guy.

I just don't know why, but I like being chubby or like getting chubby. Sometimes i love it, then other times, like now, it just freaks me out a bit. I'm not trolling by the way. I'm not like an unfit guy... like I walk everywhere (I don't drive unless I get the bus), I jog plus I cycle too.

I just like the feeling of a chubby belly for some weird reason. Plus I purposely eat more to keep it chubby or get it chubbier. Like for like the last 6 days in a row, i've eaten a box of 6 cherry bakewells (200 calories each) on top of all my other food.

How can I get away from doing this? It's just a bit odd. Sometimes I love it, but sometimes I just think it's weird.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Okay.

ReputationRep:
    If you like it, why stop? As long you're not obese but you're not.

ReputationRep:
    The ways people justify being fat, lol.

ReputationRep:
    You are embracing your true Dad-bod form early-on. It can only be a good thing

ReputationRep:
    Okayyy then..

ReputationRep:
    TREY SONGZ!!!! Ruby rose, priyanka chopra. MALUMA and j balvinnnnn

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind it so much in the winter, makes me look proper joocy and people start assuming I'm a rugby player :rofl: Never again will I be too chunky to want to take my shirt off in the summer though, so depressing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatadon)
    If you like it, why stop? As long you're not obese but you're not.
    (Original post by Theresa=Appeaser)
    The ways people justify being fat, lol.
    (Original post by BrainyBengali)
    You are embracing your true Dad-bod form early-on. It can only be a good thing
    I'm not obese. I just have a bit of belly. If I wear a jumper, I look slim.

It's just weird. I like it most of the time though, but I just worry what people think. I just like to grab it a bit and it just feels nice. But you reading that, and even me writing that... it just sounds so weird. I can't seem to help it though I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to stop me thinking like that.

I wouldn't let myself get unhealthy by the way. I love keeping fit and I eat right too... I wouldn't gain anything more than 5 pounds or so.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of belly and a nice chest is the definition of a dad-bod. It's quite attractive to some, and getting rid of a belly is the sometimes the hardest part, as are bingo wings and thigh-fat. Don't worry, I'm sure you're fit - too many people out there think you need a six pack to prove you're healthy :no:

ReputationRep:
    Do you get off on yourself?

ReputationRep:
    A bit of belly and a nice chest is the definition of a dad-bod. It's quite attractive to some, and getting rid of a belly is the sometimes the hardest part, as are bingo wings and thigh-fat. Don't worry, I'm sure you're fit - too many people out there think you need a six pack to prove you're healthy :no:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I don't mind it so much in the winter, makes me look proper joocy and people start assuming I'm a rugby player :rofl: Never again will I be too chunky to want to take my shirt off in the summer though, so depressing...
    This is my belly... Like it's not big, just a bit chubby and I just kinda like it...

Name:  IMG_4108.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  136.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: TMI? But seriously, don't feel insecure in any way. I'm sure once you got that jumper on, those big arms and shoulders make you look mad dench

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: TMI? But seriously, don't feel insecure in any way. I'm sure once you got that jumper on, those big arms and shoulders make you look mad dench
    Sorry. I just didn't want people thinking I was like 20 stone haha.

Big arms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)
    This is my belly... Like it's not big, just a bit chubby and I just kinda like it...

Name:  IMG_4108.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  136.3 KB
    Work that Beer Belly baby, work it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Work that Beer Belly baby, work it!
    beer belly? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)
    I'm not obese. I just have a bit of belly. If I wear a jumper, I look slim.

It's just weird. I like it most of the time though, but I just worry what people think. I just like to grab it a bit and it just feels nice. But you reading that, and even me writing that... it just sounds so weird. I can't seem to help it though I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to stop me thinking like that.

I wouldn't let myself get unhealthy by the way. I love keeping fit and I eat right too... I wouldn't gain anything more than 5 pounds or so.
    I'm similar but only have to wear a t-shirt to make myself look slim.

ReputationRep:
    dem curves fill out those clothes better

ReputationRep:
    Were you teased a lot for being too skinny as a child? (just throwing darts here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    Were you teased a lot for being too skinny as a child? (just throwing darts here)
    I was skinny and didn't like it...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.