Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

concerts are pointless? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what the actual point of going to a concert and sitting in a far away seat where you cant see the artist and are just listening to their voice from speakers? isnt that the same as listening to their music at home but with a different atmosphere?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The atmosphere is one aspect of it, but it's the experience of going there to listen/watch your favourite artist perform live.

ReputationRep:
    You know you don't have to be seated far away from the artist, right?

ReputationRep:
    Dat bass.

It is a completely different experience, although I tend to prefer going to raves to listen to my preferred artists as that it what their music is for.
    Things like this, you gotta dance to it in a room with a load of other sweaty people gurning their faces off. It is part of the experience.

ReputationRep:
    If your concert has seats, its not worth bothering with.

One of the best experiences of my life was a maybe 2000 people strong circle pit at Cannibal Corpse, was ****ing so intense an absolutely thethe best way to enjoy that kind of music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)

One of the best experiences of my life was a maybe 2000 people strong circle pit at Cannibal Corpse, was ****ing so intense an absolutely thethe best way to enjoy that kind of music.
    Did you guys actually engage in cannibalism tho? is consensual cannibalism legal btw? (I assume not)

Spoiler:
    Show
    I was joking mods, chill out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)

Kind of depends on the person I think; that would literally kill me, whereas a concert with seats gives more breathing space. Depends on the type of music too tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by filmaker)
    what the actual point of going to a concert and sitting in a far away seat where you cant see the artist and are just listening to their voice from speakers? isnt that the same as listening to their music at home but with a different atmosphere?
    Go to gigs in venues that have a capacity of only a few hundred instead of a few thousand. I've been to over a hundred gigs in the past decade, I've never sat so far away that I can't see the artist. In fact, 99% of the time I haven't even been sitting.

I agree with you; I don't see much point in going to a gig where you'd need binoculars to see what's going on, but that's precisely why I don't go to those types of gigs; an intimate atmosphere creates the best kind of gigs IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by filmaker)
    Seats in concerts?

Sounds like a boring concert, imo.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah gigs in big venues do seem pretty crap. But if you're standing among a small crowd just a few metres from the musicians (which is/can be the case for most gigs), then obviously your points don't really apply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.