The Student Room Group

All I want is a relationship :(

Hey,

I'm 23 and a guy, I've never been in a relationship.

I have always been too shy, but my confidence has grown loads in the past year, and I just feel the time is right now.

Thing is, no one ever seems interested in me. I had one girl who liked me in work ages back but she wasn't really my type... she was just completely different and just seemed a bit odd.

I just want someone I can hold hands with, or someone to watch the stars with, or someone to walk along by the sea at sunset with, or someone to go cycling with, or someone just to be there at the end of a long day to ask me how it was, or to hug/kiss and things... :wink:

I just hate being on my own. People say i'm good looking but no one ever seems attracted to me. I'm 5'8" which is short I guess and girls like taller guys. I'm bi too, but all guys want is "fun" and I'm not up for that at all.

What do you suggest I do? :frown: x

Scroll to see replies

Maybe work on your personality

Ill date u, I'm a 3/10 tho :ahee: #ondatderewhaletime
Cringy.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4541424#post69907430

Maybe stop trying to justify being fat and you'll have more luck.
Original post by Theresa=Appeaser
Cringy.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4541424#post69907430

Maybe stop trying to justify being fat and you'll have more luck.

No need
Original post by Sammylou40
No need

For?
Original post by Jasminder1994

Ill date u, I'm a 3/10 tho :ahee: #ondatderewhaletime

that gif is legit me :rofl:
Original post by CleverSquirrel
that gif is legit me :rofl:

It's amazing :rofl:
"Beam me up, Scotty!"
Original post by Jasminder1994
It's amazing :rofl:

i have a sefie stick too- no shame :biggrin:
A relationship means nothing unless there's someone you actually want to be with. When there's someone you like then don't be afraid to ask them out. The worse they can say is no!
If you're looking for someone who shares your interests, try some clubs or societies to meet like minded people.
If you're looking too hard you may appear desperate and that's off putting. Like you said, finding "fun" is easy. Look to make friendships first and the right one will come along when you least expect it

All the best
Original post by 2scotty

Thing is, no one ever seems interested in me. I had one girl who liked me

Well you've contradicted yourself in the first few lines of your post there friend. Just wait it out, more'll turn up. Tends not to be the case for most people that only one person on earth with ever take an interest in them.
Do you approach women?

What are you doing to get into a relationship? Have you tried meeting women through speed dating, online dating, joining clubs out of interest, joining social activities?

If you are chubby, enjoy being chubby in the link provided, why not hit the weights?

Dressing and grooming well will amplify your attractiveness as well as how you carry yourself.

What are your hobbies, passions?
Original post by CleverSquirrel
im the one in the back hahahahahaha :rofl::rofl:

Lmao dancing to the song :rofl: :rofl:
I know you might all laugh at me for this...

...but my biggest fear in life is dying alone.

Like when you hear of older people who have passed away, and it's only when the neighbours realise they haven't seen them for a few days...

I don't ever want that to happen.
Original post by 2scotty

Like when you hear of older people who have passed away, and it's only when the neighbours realise they haven't seen them for a few days...

Scotty you won't die alone...

you'll meet her one day, dont go changing youself for someone- she'll pop up one day when you least expect it. You'll feel like you dont even have to try with her.

in terms of what youve said before, your confidence has improved ect, and if you really do feel like you need someone, have you tried dating sites?
or go out on social events ect, you'll meet new people and find someone?

i know many stories and my friends too have found thier current partners on dating apps?
Original post by 2scotty

Not to be a downer but... that doesn't mean those people were unloved or completely alone. They could have been married for 50 years before reaching that point. They could have children/grandchildren who come to visit them every now and then. Being in a relationship now won't change whether or not you're alone at the end of your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending