Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello, I am quite "friendly" to this person, whenever we are in lessons he does talk to me, we both share jokes and laugh at them and sometimes he does let me use his stuff when I need it, like ear phones, smartphone, books....however when it comes to break or lunchtimes I decided to test my new "friend" just to see how much of a friend he is and the turnout were really bad. Here are the following things he does:
    1.He sometimes tells me to f*** off when he is with his real friends
    2.He is always nice and kind to me whenever his real friends are not around but gets rude to me and mocks me a lot when they are around.
    3.In lessons he does help me with various stuff
    4.He always talks about stuff I like and jokes I like to hear
    Personally I don't think I would like to have a friend like that around.

Also there are some other people in my school who are trying to make friends with me, they sometimes sit next to me in the canteen to make me feel company, they are always friendly to me and try to interact with me but then again I am afraid to actually hang around with them what if they tell me to go away or just use me for dirty things? They seems nervous just as I am, should I go ahead and try to make friends with them?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello, I am quite "friendly" to this person, whenever we are in lessons he does talk to me, we both share jokes and laugh at them and sometimes he does let me use his stuff when I need it, like ear phones, smartphone, books....however when it comes to break or lunchtimes I decided to test my new "friend" just to see how much of a friend he is and the turnout were really bad. Here are the following things he does:
    2.He is always nice and kind to me whenever his real friends are not around but gets rude to me and mocks me a lot when they are around.

Also there are some other people in my school who are trying to make friends with me, they sometimes sit next to me in the canteen to make me feel company, they are always friendly to me and try to interact with me but then again I am afraid to actually hang around with them what if they tell me to go away or just use me for dirty things? They seems nervous just as I am, should I go ahead and try to make friends with them?
    Don't bother trying to hang out with the first guy when he's with his friends, you don't have to deal with that.

And yes, why not make friends with the 2nd group?

ReputationRep:

Call him out on it! It's not easy to do but seriously ask him why he's acting like such an a** in front of his friends. If he can't justify himself, which, of course he can't do, or at least take reponsibility and apologise, then don't bother with him. I would definitely try making friends with the other people. It's difficult to trust people that you don't know, but you'll never know their intention if you don't give them the chance, if it doesn't work out, as least you tried.

ReputationRep:

It's simple.. they're using you. You seem like you're at secondary school atm so here's one thing I'm gonna say to you... secondary school friends are all fake except for one or two who you're most likely to stay in contact with after you leave school and go off to college. When someone's tryna be your friend etc just go along with it for the sake of it coz trust me when I say this that they're most likely to be fake af! And this guy who you're "friends" with is 100% fake. He's only using you coz he doesnt wanna be alone in lessons. The only way to survive school is to do what everyone's doing but to do it even better. It sounds like such a stupid and *****y move but it's true coz school friends are all fake except for a few who are genuine and whoever the true ones are at school you'll know who they are easily just coz of the way they are when they're with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by mdnvmpr)
    Call him out on it! It's not easy to do but seriously ask him why he's acting like such an a** in front of his friends. If he can't justify himself, which, of course he can't do, or at least take reponsibility and apologise, then don't bother with him. I would definitely try making friends with the other people. It's difficult to trust people that you don't know, but you'll never know their intention if you don't give them the chance, if it doesn't work out, as least you tried.
    I did ask him why he was acting like an arse and he gave me two reasons:
    1. Just for being me!
    2. Because I don't have as many friends as he does which I bet he has fake friends since they do make fun out of him a lot of the times.

ReputationRep:
    I did ask him why he was acting like an arse and he gave me two reasons:
    1. Just for being me!
    2. Because I don't have as many friends as he does which I bet he has fake friends since they do make fun out of him a lot of the times.
    Wow. I don't know this guy but judging by what you've said he doesn't seem like a nice person to be friends with.
    Your kindness would be much better spent on people who are nice to you in return and appreciate you, you should cut this guy out.
    I hope all goes well for you and that you find some better friends who love you for being you and actually treat you with the respect you deserve.

(Original post by Halzy1234)
    It's simple.. they're using you. You seem like you're at secondary school atm so here's one thing I'm gonna say to you... secondary school friends are all fake except for one or two who you're most likely to stay in contact with after you leave school and go off to college. When someone's tryna be your friend etc just go along with it for the sake of it coz trust me when I say this that they're most likely to be fake af! And this guy who you're "friends" with is 100% fake. He's only using you coz he doesnt wanna be alone in lessons. The only way to survive school is to do what everyone's doing but to do it even better. It sounds like such a stupid and *****y move but it's true coz school friends are all fake except for a few who are genuine and whoever the true ones are at school you'll know who they are easily just coz of the way they are when they're with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The problem is how do I find those genuine friends? Is easy enough to find a fake friend as there are 100s of them around me but genuine friends? Is not easy to find those genuine friends. Currently I have 1 or 2 of them

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.