Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I bought the iPhone 6 when it came out, and got it delivered on day 1.

It's been a great phone, I still have it now.

I tried going over to Samsung, and got the S7 edge. Absolutely fantastic phone, fantastic camera, and the Android system seemed better... like it seemed more secure in that if you tried turning the phone off when the screen was locked, it would ask for your passcode.

Only thing is, I returned it. I did this because it just seemed too big, and although people use things like WhatsApp, I just got too used to iMessage and FaceTime. Plus apps like Instagram, which I use a lot, seemed to be a bit more clunky on Android.

I'm not offending Android here... it's brilliant, and I'm not an 'Apple fanboy' or anything. I just believe the phone you have is the best for you.

I was considering the iPhone 7 though. Is it decent? Or is it worth waiting for the next iPhone now?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I heard that since there wasn't anything 'revolutionary' about the 7, that we should expect big things from the 8 - if you got the cash, prepare to splash :giggle:
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    The iph 7 is really cool, it's not revolutionized, but the clarity of the pictures is definitely improved, the sound as well and it's way faster.

I have to tell you though, I find it really annoying that I can't use the headphones while I'm charging it. :rolleyes:

I only bought it cause I had the iph 5s and I wanted a 6s or a 7, but I wouldn't say it's worth it if you have a newer model because they're basically the same. Wait for the new release.

ReputationRep:
    get a brick. thats what I use.

ReputationRep:
    Android>all

get the s7 if the edge was too big for you
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    the size annoyed you? Isn't the iphone 7 basically the same?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Considering a lot of people prefer the 6s over the 7 I see no point in upgrading. In fact what is actually wrong with your current phone? Why do you even need to upgrade now? IIRC this year marks Apple's 10th anniversary of the original iPhone. It's fair to expect something fairly major this year so if you desperately want an iPhone then wait it out.

As far as Android goes, you can buy smaller devices than the S7 Edge and we are just starting to hit new phone season. The MWC event takes place at the end of the month and we are likely to get abunch of announcements. I think not being able to get used to a few apps shouldn't put you off Android. Either way though don't do anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, wait for Iphone 8. This is the big one, Apple's share price is already on a tear and I expect it to rally
    a lot till september.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.