Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The aim of this blog is to help me with weight loss and hopefully improve my fitness at the same time. Hopefully posting on here will make me more accountable as I've tried to lose weight before, but tend to give up quite soon into it.

I'm 11 stone 2 at the minute, but really want to get down to 10 stone for my birthday in May. My BMI is 27 at the minute so it'll put me in the healthy range.

My plan is to try to exercise at least 3 times a week, 5 times a week ideally and try to eat between 1500 and 1700 calories a day. I don't want to feel too restricted to begin with because that usually leads me to give up, but I'll see how the first 2 weeks go and then amend if i'm not losing anything. I'll track my calories using MyFitnessPal and try to drink 8 glasses of water a day aswell.

Any tips or comments are welcome wish me luck! I'm starting tomorrow.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, sounds realistic

ReputationRep:
    Step 1: Lose one stone.

There's literally no step two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    Good luck, sounds realistic
    Thank you! I hope so, although I already have slipped on day 1

It was going well early on, I did 45 mins of cardio kickboxing

Breakfast: porridge with soya milk, pecan nuts and strawberries

Lunch: wholegrain pasta, onion, mushrooms, veg and vegan mince

Dinner: homemade sweet and sour veg and wholegrain rice

All making 1350 calories, plus I drank 8 glasses of water.

But then I ate some cakes that I'd made yesterday before I thought of starting my plan and some fresh bread that my mum had bought and I don't know how many calories was in that

I always find it hard in the evenings not to snack, but hopefully I'll do better tomorrow. We're celebrating my mums birthday though and we're going out to dinner, plus she bought a vegan cake specifically so I could eat it so I'd feel bad if I don't have any :/ don't really know what to do because I don't know the calories in the meal either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I always eat as late as possible when aiming to lose weight.

My advice would be to either skip breakfast or a light breakfast and no lunch and cardio.
    Then have dinner as normal and a bit of cake is ok.

Repeat. So minimal food until dinner (i'm not saying no food).

Usually can have dinner and a snack and still hit target if i do that.

So like protein shake plus fruit at lunch is what i would do. (Well if you're vegan then maybe nuts plus fruit or something, you get the idea)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.