Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying the ib and applied for biomed at Warwick however I've been struggling with chemistry so was advised to reconsider what I want to do so I considered transferring to law. However I read that with law it's best to do it at Oxbridge or a high London uni for job prospects. Then I considered PPE but would I struggle with the maths if I'm not a budding mathematician? Or should I just continue with biomed and see where I go from there? Please help thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You don't really need chem for biomed (just basic chem) and may never use it again so don't let that phase you. Oxbridge is not the be all and end all even for law. Yes you will need math for PPE but again not at a very high level so just pick what interests you depending on what kind of career you want.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by basic chem? And I do love biology but the prospect of working a lab for the rest of my life is not one that excites me. Concerning law, I am string in essay writing yet I have heard it is very dull and jobs are decreasing in this sector and is why being an oxbrideg student is ideal and concerning ppe I am also strong in humanities. However are you sure the maths would be too much for me who has never done economics even if I am not good at maths. I am really not sure what to do. I was considering redoing sixth form with better subjects for me to apply for law at Oxbridge or better London unis, do you think this is a good idea?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I did biochem which has a lot of chem but the biomeds I've taught are generally only required to be able to do basic calculations around things like molarity and concentrations. However if you don't want to be in the lab then why do biomed? The degree itself involves a lot of lab work. A law degree doesn't lead to jobs as a lawyer and PPE is also an academic course with no specific career path so again just pick what interests you and then work out which direction you want to go in. Just gaining a degree will equip you with transferable skills which you can take into lots of things.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I don't enjoy lab work however I am not sure that I want to spend the whole of my life in a lab. What kind of jobs could I get if I studied law, as I'm considering doing it at Warwick university and which out of the three do you believe will give me the best job prospects (law , ppe or biomed).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.