Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied for adult nursing at Sheffield Hallam, Edge Hill, Northumbria Newcastle and Chester. I have my interview for Sheffield on Wednesday, has anyone got any tips for it if you've already had one?? on the email it is called a 'selection event' and I just wondered what this entailed as I have only had an interview at Edge Hill so far. Also if anyone else has an interview here on this day please tell me!!!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinvarley)
    Hi, I've applied for adult nursing at Sheffield Hallam, Edge Hill, Northumbria Newcastle and Chester. I have my interview for Sheffield on Wednesday, has anyone got any tips for it if you've already had one?? on the email it is called a 'selection event' and I just wondered what this entailed as I have only had an interview at Edge Hill so far. Also if anyone else has an interview here on this day please tell me!!!
    Thank you
    Hi. I'm about to go into my third year in March. However, I skipped first year and only had my interview last year so it may still be similar.

They play a short video which you should deffo pay attention to because they will ask you questions about it in your interview (mine was around a man who had suffered a stroke and he was telling you what he thought etc) I believe they may be trailing a new video around bereavement this year.

You are split into groups and will have an activity to complete (usually not related to nursing at all) - Don't overpower your peers, give each person in your group a fair chance to speak and put their views across - they are looking for people who can work in a team effectively, not someone who attempts to overpower people.

Then at the end you will have a 1 to 1 interview. It is quite short and informal, this gives them the chance to get to know you as a person. Look up current topics in the news and know your 6 C's

If you have anymore questions just drop me a PM.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not a problem. I'm sure you'll be fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.