Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It may only take 3.5% of the population to topple a dictator – with civil resistance Watch

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ist-techniques

We had around 1% of the population at the womens' day march. Perhaps there is hope for the US after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)

We had around 1% of the population at the womens' day march. Perhaps there is hope for the US after all.
    The only threat to democracy in the USA at the moment comes from anarchic SJWs and armed militias of the gun lobby. The president is no such threat.

ReputationRep:
    A politician you dislike is not classed as a dictator.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Good bloke)
    The only threat to democracy in the USA at the moment comes from anarchic SJWs and armed militias of the gun lobby. The president is no such threat.
    (Original post by mphysical)
    A politician you dislike is not classed as a dictator.
    Chat ****, Mathemagicien , get banged.

You truly are pathetic. I will quite enjoy your reaction to your ilk handing Trump's second term on a silver platter.

(Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Chat ****, Mathemagicien , get banged.

You truly are pathetic. I will quite enjoy your reaction to your ilk handing Trump's second term on a silver platter.
    Trump will never get reelected. His approval ratings are already the lowest of any president for many decades.

ReputationRep:
    Trump will never get reelected. His approval ratings are already the lowest of any president for many decades.
    It will come as no surprise to TSR members to learn that you are not telling the full story (or any of it, really). I suggest you start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...cal_comparison

which shows that Reagan was re-elected (only three and a half decades ago) after having a much lower approval rating and a higher disapproval rating, and attained his highest approval rating in his second term.

Obama was also (very recently) re-elected after having a much lower approval rating.

ReputationRep:
    You may not like Trump, but your dislike of him doesn't automatically make him a dictator.

To be honest I'm a little doubtful of that population statistic. This may be a dumb point, but who would win in a fight between 3.5% of the population and an actual dictator backed by a trained army and tanks? I don't know how fair that fight would be ...

ReputationRep:
    I don't support Trump, but seeing as the US election isn't a popular vote, I don't see how that matters. At the time it was predicted that both candidates in the 2016 election were the most unpopular ever, and there was no chance Trump could win the i) primary ii) general and yet he achieved both things. Although many don't support his views on certain issues, I can't see any of the conservative heartlands switching to the Dems in 2020, and many of the Swing States (Michigan etc) in areas like the Rust Belt will probably benefit from his protectionist policies like his actions on TPP.

ReputationRep:
    The anti-Trump crowd are playing right into his hands.

The SJW amongst us may get a thrill watching thugs destroying property, beating people unconscious and denying people their 1st amendment rights.

The ordinary US voter will be repulsed by the left's fascist tactics.

The MSM are a spent force, so their lies will not help.

Trump for another eight years?

Suck it up Snowflakes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.