Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shooting incident at Louvre in Paris Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Ummm... A protester did get shot and the crowd legged it and shouted at police trying to help.
    That's Seattle, there is a video of the aggressor assaulting the shooter then the shooter shooting in self defence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big_Jon)
    Welcome to modern life unfortunately.
    Thank's, multiculturalists.

ReputationRep:
    What an amateur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    "opened fire"

"shot an attacker in self-defence" would be more apt
    Actually, think it was right right the first time. The news is reporting that a group of soldiers attempted to tackle him using "non-lethal force", but that this didn't work. Then, RoEs would have had them warn the guy they would shoot, eventually meaning they had to 'open fire'.

In context, I'd say that language was appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    Just makes you wonder when you see soldiers with assault rifles deployed on the streets to protect the citizens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    ? Multiculralism does have it's benefits but also drawbacks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Oh dear me, Le Pen will be rubbing her hands.
    I can see her winning the election already. Argh,god forbid. She's so heartless and divisive

(Original post by queen-bee)
    I can see her winning the election already. Argh,god forbid. She's so heartless and divisive
    But she would be France's first female president! #girlPower

ReputationRep:
    A man shouting "Allahu Akbar" tried to attack the soldier with a knife and was seriously injured when the soldier responded.
    Cue Muslims and leftists crying "Islamophobia" in 3, 2, 1…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    But she would be France's first female president! #girlPower
    I would rather man in charge than see her win,god forbid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    We will be living in a strange new world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Herbivore)
    A man shouting "Allahu Akbar" tried to attack the soldier with a knife and was seriously injured when the soldier responded.
    Cue Muslims and leftists crying "Islamophobia" in 3, 2, 1…
    I don't think any Muslims are going to condemn this shooting. They are probably happy that the terrorist was unsuccessful and lives have been saved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    there is no evidence to suggest that the attacker was muslim
    Are you off your rocket? Down the garbage chute with you!

ReputationRep:
    The meeja better not try calling him a "lone wolf"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Remember guys there is no evidence to suggest that the attacker was muslim or this was terrorists related dispite the news reporters .... So.please don't jump to conclusions
    I expect it was someone trying to make it look like a Moslem atrocity, and willing to risk death or arrest to do so, eh?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ortedly-shoot/

Louvre terror attack: Egyptian man, 'who arrived in France in January' shot five times after attacking soldier with machete

So, an Egyptian shoutingAllahu Akbar attacks a French soldier with a machete.....................whit e nationalist obviously.

Trums travel ban just won some more support in the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    Egyptian man, 'who arrived in France in January' shot five times
    It is shocking that an innocent tourist, who was only after a spot of cultural enrichment, should be mercilessly attacked in this way. He couldn't possibly be a Moslem, as no Moslem would ever kill anyone, so perhaps he was a Coptic Christian.

Either way the only solution is obviously to open the gates and allow free movement between the Europe the Middle East, Africa and Asia so that people can benefit from more cultural enrichment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.