Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to open up and trust? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My ex of a year broke up with me a month ago. Recently we been talking and she has called and we've even kissed. When I said she need to make up her mind about getting back together she said "I really like you and may still love you and have a good time with you but I can't trust you"

This is because she said I don't open up about my feelings and am I am not very good at talking to people. Also I lost her trust by not being there when she need me once.

How can I do this? How can I open up, get her trust and get her back?

Thank you for reading, hope you can help.

ReputationRep:
    You've just got to be completly honest with her, dont lie to her and honesty and truth is really important in realtionships- thats what they stand on, if theres a problem.

i can understand where both of you are coming from- but you need to communicate and actually show her that you can and actually want to win her trust back.

if you have made a mistake and done something ou shouldnt have then actually admitting where you’ve gone wrong is one of the first ways to earn someone’s trust back.
    Also One of the best ways to earn someone’s trust back is simply to wait it out, its not a surprise when the person you’ve hurt pushes you away or needs time to think, so give her time! :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.