The Student Room Group

TSR's Got Talent: Entry, questions and chat thread

Welcome to TSR's Got Talent 2017!

It's finally here!

This is a little different to many talent competitions in that it is mostly progress based rather than skill. That's not to say if you have an amazing skill we won't take that into account too though of course! You can enter with anything- something completely new, something you've not done in years, something you've been doing for years. It really doesn't matter! There's points for originality so the weirder the better, keep it clean though please.

This starts today (February 6th) and runs over ten weeks until 16th April, Easter Sunday. To enter simply create a blog in this forum and link it from here tagging me and @BlinkyBill, just to make sure we don't miss it. This is yours to do what you like with! Photos, videos, recordings, diary entries, anything. There's no minimum time limit but the longer the better- if you aim for ten posts that's one a week if you do the full length. We'll look at how much you get done and the quality of the blog as well as originality, creativity, enthusiasm and engagement. Don't forget to comment on other people's blogs too!

Some chat threads to start us off are music, sport, art and writing, you're welcome to create your own though if you're doing something else. Chat and any questions can go in here too and the original announcement thread- it's up to you. With five prizes including a £50 voucher to play for you really have nothing to lose!

Please note that we can't accept exam or coursework pieces that haven't yet been marked due to possible plagiarism issues but anything else within TSR rules is good; there's plenty of ideas here if you're stuck. There is also an example blog thread from @shadowdweller, so have a look at that if you don't know where to start!

So, what are you waiting for? Tell your friends and get practising!

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

*saved post for list of entrants* :colondollar:

Why didn't I get a notification for these :grumble: but they both look amazing! Will sort more stuff out in the morning and promotion but yayyy we're off :biggrin: :woo:. Also all you string players :erm: us woodwind are far more sensible!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
Why didn't I get a notification for these :grumble: but they both look amazing! Will sort more stuff out in the morning and promotion but yayyy we're off :biggrin: :woo:. Also all you string players :erm: us woodwind are far more sensible!

I didn't get a notif for this quote.. Interesting :beard: looks like this thread has a talent for refusing to notify people :rofl:
:yy: Oh sure :smug:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I didn't get a notif for this quote.. Interesting :beard: looks like this thread has a talent for refusing to notify people :rofl:
:yy: Oh sure :smug:

Seems like a few people are having problems with quotes tonight so might not just be this forum. Will see what happens tomorrow then go badger someone if they've not made a reappearance!
And :fuhrer: :getmecoat: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

ah thanks :smile: how were the chips? :coma: Im having chinese chicken tonight, with an insane ginger and onion sauceeee yesss
Original post by ForestShadow
ah thanks :smile: how were the chips? :coma: Im having chinese chicken tonight, with an insane ginger and onion sauceeee yesss

Np! I'm writing my first entry soon! So good but I am full now :colondollar: omg that sounds so yummy!
You should join in the talent-ness!
saves space
Np! I'm writing my first entry soon! So good but I am full now :colondollar: omg that sounds so yummy!
You should join in the talent-ness!

Yours is so good! Although cats :colonhash: but still!

Original post by ForestShadow
saves space

Good! :woo:

Sorry for those that have seen it but quotes are working in here now (I hope!) so will do them again :smile: ignore if you're no longer interested or whatever!

Spoiler

Sorry for those that have seen it but quotes are working in here now (I hope!) so will do them again :smile: ignore if you're no longer interested or whatever!

Spoiler

Aw thanks :colondollar:
I GOT A NOTIFICATION :woo: :yay:
Aw thanks :colondollar:
I GOT A NOTIFICATION :woo: :yay:

Good! I sent QA on a bit of a wild goose chase trying to sort out what was apparently already working yesterday so glad I'm not going completely nuts saying I wasn't getting them :redface: ah well... :colondollar:

(@AngryJellyfish see?!?! :tongue:)
Ohhhh it worked this time, I'll have a think :smile:
Good! I sent QA on a bit of a wild goose chase trying to sort out what was apparently already working yesterday so glad I'm not going completely nuts saying I wasn't getting them :redface: ah well... :colondollar:

(@AngryJellyfish see?!?! :tongue:)

:jumphug: course not!
:woohoo: :lol:
Original post by Paracosm

Do ittttttt :rave: :hugs:
Reply 18

Spoiler

It worked
Original post by Paracosm

:excited: looking forward to this!

:jumphug: course not!
:woohoo: :lol:

Do ittttttt :rave: :hugs:

:o::getmecoat::tongue:

Original post by Andy98
It worked

Good, thanks! Yours is looking great, too!

Quick Reply

Latest