Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What constitutes as cheating? (With example) Watch

Announcements

As per title, what constitutes as cheating, in a relationship?

My example (Friend spoke to me about it, for ref. he is who this issue affects) is:

His ex-gf calls him up.
    (Bear in mind he is in a relationship)

Phone/video sex is insinuated and sort of starts, and whilst both people show.. intimate areas, one of said party quickly stops before it escalates further and stands up, says they cannot do it, ends the communication and blocks them.

Would that, in your eyes constitute as cheating?

ReputationRep:
    "...I'm just asking for a friend..."

Yeah right.

(Original post by Withengar)

Yeah right.
    Yes, right.
    What's funny is that in this situation it is.

I'm simply promoting discussion, and I didn't know how to answer so I wanted to see other peoples opinion.

Is that a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)

Yeah right.
    I don't understand why they'd use the anonymous feature then add that in just be honest lol

ReputationRep:
    It all depends, some people are in happy relationships and the partner is fine with them having sex with others... weird but true. You have to know boundaries. Some will class a kiss as cheating (childish but true), some will class hooking up as cheating and most will class sex as a cheating so in summary it's doing something to break the bond of your relationship

(Original post by zayn008)
    I don't understand why they'd use the anonymous feature then add that in just be honest lol
    See above, lol.

(Original post by zayn008)
    It all depends, some people are in happy relationships and the partner is fine with them having sex with others... weird but true. You have to know boundaries. Some will class a kiss as cheating (childish but true), some will class hooking up as cheating and most will class sex as a cheating so in summary it's doing something to break the bond of your relationship
    You're right, like different relationships have different boundaries.

I understand - I think that the situation in question, whilst crossed a line it was halted and rightly so.
    In my eyes it wouldn't constitute as cheating, but it's a very very close one.

ReputationRep:
    If you wouldn't want your partner to see/know about it then it probably crosses a line.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, clear abuse of trust.

I main Bastion in overwatch.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Obviously.

It seems like the vast majority of people are saying that it is cheating.
    Should I be pressing/prompting him to tell her what happened?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It seems like the vast majority of people are saying that it is cheating.
    Should I be pressing/prompting him to tell her what happened?
    No, thats your friend only to know and that's his business. Just give him advice like a friend usually does, but that decision to tell his girl is up to him.

ReputationRep:
    yes thats cheating i would say that flirting,hugging,kissing,and sex is cheating at this age

ReputationRep:
    definitly cheating

ReputationRep:
    Well, from personal experience cheating usually results in better grades
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Also using your phone in an exam, that's cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is, hugging could be a friendly hug. thats fine... but anything from cuddles to kissing/sexting/sex is cheating and flirting to an extent- without a doubt

ReputationRep:
    Desiring to be with someone other than your boyfriend/girlfriend obvs

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.