Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an offer for International Business Management at Cardiff University. Any actual students who study this? Would like to know more about the overall quality of the course, difficulty, job prospects..

You can also PM me if you prefer. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeJoeJoeJoeJoe)
    Hi, I have an offer for International Business Management at Cardiff University. Any actual students who study this? Would like to know more about the overall quality of the course, difficulty, job prospects..

You can also PM me if you prefer. Thanks
    Hello,
    I am currently in my first year studying Business Management but all Business Management students (Marketing,International Business,HR etc.) study the same courses the first year.I am satisfied with the overall quality of the course.I had two assignments and four exams the first semester and I will have 6 exams in the second.It is not difficult,if you do not fall behind the material and attend most of the lectures and tutorials you will be absolutely fine.Business Management offers a range of jobs after graduation,it really depends what you want.International management is cross-cultural and it can offer you experience in a multi-national company if you are lucky.One advantage of the course is that students can apply for an 20 week work during the second semester in different companies provided by the uni and work instead studying the second semester.Also there is an option for an placement year and I recommend you having at least some experience before graduating especially if you are not going for Masters since the competition is high among students studying Business Management and without any real life experience expect if you do not get 1:1 you might struggle finding a quality job.There are many available options in the Business School,if you have any further questions please ask,I might start a topic in a while since I want to help people like me who do not have the opportunity to come to the uni before September.
    Regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizard359)
    Hello,
    I am currently in my first year studying Business Management but all Business Management students (Marketing,International Business,HR etc.) study the same courses the first year.I am satisfied with the overall quality of the course.I had two assignments and four exams the first semester and I will have 6 exams in the second.It is not difficult,if you do not fall behind the material and attend most of the lectures and tutorials you will be absolutely fine.Business Management offers a range of jobs after graduation,it really depends what you want.International management is cross-cultural and it can offer you experience in a multi-national company if you are lucky.One advantage of the course is that students can apply for an 20 week work during the second semester in different companies provided by the uni and work instead studying the second semester.Also there is an option for an placement year and I recommend you having at least some experience before graduating especially if you are not going for Masters since the competition is high among students studying Business Management and without any real life experience expect if you do not get 1:1 you might struggle finding a quality job.There are many available options in the Business School,if you have any further questions please ask,I might start a topic in a while since I want to help people like me who do not have the opportunity to come to the uni before September.
    Regards
    Thanks for the reply! Seems good to me. Do you enjoy the student life with business management students?
    Also, is it easy to go and study abroad at a partner University? Or do inly the best students have this opportunity?

I'm willing to do a masters degree after graduating. Do you think it is possible to de a masters degree in something a little different, like studying finance?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeJoeJoeJoeJoe)
    Thanks for the reply! Seems good to me. Do you enjoy the student life with business management students?
    Also, is it easy to go and study abroad at a partner University? Or do inly the best students have this opportunity?

I'm willing to do a masters degree after graduating. Do you think it is possible to de a masters degree in something a little different, like studying finance?
    Thanks!
    Hello,
    Well student life depends on the individual,if you are asking is it that much studying the answer is no,you can enjoy your student life.Many people I know from my course literally studied only a couple weeks before the exam.Everybody can go to study for a semester abroad however if you are keen on doing it it should be because of the experience.I good idea might be if you take Business Management with a language and take a semester at the chosen country with the same language so you can develop it.From what I have heard basically you would not take much studying in that semester and yes it is available to everybody.
    I am not sure how it stands with the Masters since I am only a first year and have not check the things in detail but I think if you take some optional modules which are tied with Finance and Accounting it should be possible,still I am not sure how things with Masters are.
    Regards

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.